Tummy Tuck, Lipo And Muscle Repair?

March 27 I had a tummy tuck with lipo and muscle repair. but I am still very swollen even my hips and butt (sorry) I've been doing a lot of walking I love to walk but just around the house n a hr yesterday at mall i been taking it easy. still sleeping in my recliner Dr said everything was going good I just wanted to know how long am I going to be swollen..........

Swelling after tummy tuck and lipo

+2

It is definitely within the "norm" to still have some swelling. It has only been 2-3 weeks and you arguably had two procedures done at the same time. My point is that your swelling may linger secondary to the liposuction. Every person responds differently and has their own recovery course. Try to be patient and and discuss your activity level with your surgeon. 

New Jersey Plastic Surgeon

Recovery time

+2

Swelling varies from person to person, but you can expect some swelling for several weeks after surgery.  Some activity is fine, but don't overdo it or you will increase the amount of swelling you have.  Good luck.

Katy Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after Lipo-Abominoplasty

+1

At a little more than two weeks after a lipo-abominoplasty it is quite common to have a significant amount of swelling. This swelling will improve over 3-4 weeks and resolve in 3-4 months.  Exercise like walking and shopping in a mall will significantly increase your swelling. I would recommend decreasing your walking slightly and wearing a compression garment to more effectively manage your swelling.  Your recovery seems like it is progressing normally. Consider sharing your concerns with your surgeon as he or she definately have your best interests in mind. Good luck on your recovery.

Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Postop Swelling Normal

+1

It is completely normal to have swelling at this point in your recovery.  Depending on your activities, time of day, stage of your menstrual cycle, diet  and other factors the swelling you experience can increase or decrease.  As long as your PS has confirmed that you don't have a seroma or hematoma you should be fine.  Just be sure to increase your activities slowly so they don't hurt and compromise your ultimate result.  

Web reference: http://www.sadehsurgery.com/tummy_tuck_gallery.htm

Swelling after Tummy Tuck

+1

Hi GodsGift

The swelling after an operation like this can take up to 6 weeks to resolve. This is also about the time that I allow my patients to begin unrestricted activity (within discomfort levels). Keep up your walking, it is the main thing that will help shift the extra fluid.

Dr Gavin Sandercoe

Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck postop

+1

Hi,

You are still very early in your postop recovery period. Swelling can take many months and even up to a year to completely settle down.

Walking is great, just dont over do things, give your body time to recover.

Sounds like everything is going very well for you.

Good luck with the rest of your recovery.

Cheers

Richard Bloom

Melbourne Plastic Surgeon