Sore N Still Swollen After 2 1/2 Weeks?

How long does is take for the swelling and soreness to go away I have muscle repair also how long it's going to take before I can stand up straight... stomach is still very tight , the doctor said I'm healing fine next appt is the 18 of april.

Healing varies

+2

Healing from a tummy tuck will vary from person to person depending on the extent of the muscle tightening, your pain tolerance, and your body's healing response.  At 2 1/2 weeks it is common to still be sore.   You can expect gradual improvement from a soreness and flexibility standpoint.  Continue your visits with your plastic surgeon so that he/she can monitor your progress.

Katy Plastic Surgeon

Abdominoplasty recovery

+2

Thanks for asking a great question that we get  both before and after surgery.  Your recovery will depend on the degree of tightening and the amount of skin resected along with adjunctive procedures such as liposuction.  It is not unusual to be sore and tight at two and a half weeks.  You should note gradual improvement over the next few weeks.  After a big procedure like tummy tuck, you need to make sure that you are taking care of the basic stuff such as a good bowel regimen to ensure that you are regular and not straining during your bowel movements due to opioid constipation.  Other than that, everybody's body responds differently to this surgery, some people bounce back quicker than others.  Hang in there.

Stephen M. Chen, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck swelling

+1
Swelling after a tummy tuck lasts for at least 8 weeks, and soreness lasts for at least 2 weeks. So it sounds like your experience is part of the normal process. Wear your garment, don't exercise yet, and keep your appointments with your plastic surgeon.

I hope that helps and wish you all the best!

Dr Knoetgen

James Knoetgen, III, MD
Fresno Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck

+1

You are still early. I tell patients it should take about 3 weeks to stand up straight and that the soreness will take about a month to settle down

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC

TT Recovery

+1

At 2.5 weeks post-op from a TT, it is normal to still be swollen and have a little discomfort.  Everyone heals at different rates (typically between 6-8 weeks) so just be patient and listen to your body.  Everyday you should notice more and more improvement but swelling may take longer to completely go down, but you should still notice a nice improvement.  Continue to follow up with your surgeon to just make sure everything stays on track!  ac

Angela Champion, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck recovery

+1

Everybody's recovery after a tummy tuck can be different based on the amount of muscle tightening and tissue removed.  Swelling and soreness is very common at this stage of the recovery.  Swelling can last for many months especially if liposuction was performed as well.  Usually, most patients can stand straight at this point, but check with your surgeon first.  Good luck with the rest of your recovery!

Naveen Setty, MD, FACS

Recovery after a tummy tuck

+1

can be prolonged.  Trust your surgeon and follow advice given.  But you should be able to start standing straight up by this point.  Still, get the okay from your surgeon as there are many different ways to do a tummy tuck and some do take longer to stand upright.

Curtis Wong, MD

Swelling after Tummy Tuck?

+1

Congratulations on having undergone the tummy tuck procedure; at this point, you have certainly been through the worst of things.Generally, it takes many months for swelling to resolve after tummy tuck surgery and it may take up to one year  (or greater) for complete skin redraping  to occur.