Mini Tummy Tuck / Fat Transfer in State?

Hello.. I am in NY and seriously trying to avoid traveling to DR for mini tummy tuck and fat transfer. Approximately what are the costs of such a procedure in NY and/or surrounding states?

Medical Tourism Has Risks

+1

Any surgery has expense and risk; however, that balance changes on where you have your surgery. An American Board of Plastic Surgery certified Plastic Surgeon may be more expensive initially, but more importantly will diminish your risks and help you achieve your goals safely. If you travel abroad, you may have a wonderful surgeon, but that does not mean that the operative facilities are regulated as stringently as ours. Further, should any issue arise, a return trip to see your surgeon may not be feasible. These situations do arise and we see them routinely.  Ultimately, these patients incur a much bigger expense and greater health risks.

As a practice in New Jersey, we may represent more of a value than practices located in NYC despite our close proximity to New York.  Best wishes in achieving your aesthetic goals.

Paramus Plastic Surgeon

You need a consult

+1

There is no one price. Experienced Drs charge more usually and you need to be seen to know what procedure is best for you.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Shopping for cost only is a risky business

+1

No way to know the exact cost in any state until you go in for a consultation and it is determined that you are a good candidate for the procedure.  Going thousands of miles away from your surgeon is not always a wise investment especially if you have any post operative difficulties as many surgeons will not see these types of patients in follow up.  Frequently, if they have complications, they end up in the ER, costing much more than the surgery itself. 

Mini tuck and fat transfer

+1

The only way to obtain an accurate assessment of fees is to see a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation.  The first important thing is to determine whether you are even a candidate for a mini-tuck rather than a full abdominoplasty and whether you have enough fat to liposuction out for the transfer.  Medical tourism can be a risky endeavor and in addition to the fee quoted for a procedure in the DR, you need to factor in travel costs, risk of complications and what it will cost to care for those issues once back in the US.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Costs for Mini Tummy Tuck

+1

The costs for any procedure vary from state to state and surgeon to surgeon.  My suggestion is not to bargain shop for plastic surgery procedures.  If you cannot afford surgery, then I would suggest waiting and saving up until you can.  It is best to do it right the first time and not cut corners or try to find the best deal around.  Schedule a few consultations with board certified plastic surgeons.  Find a plastic surgeon that you feel comfortable with and find out if you are even a good candidate for the procedures you are interested in having.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

+1

There should be many PS in your area that perform mini TT and fat transfers.  Prices can vary significantly from state to state and even doctor to doctor, so I recommend getting several consultations and pick a doctor you feel comfortable with.

Rigo Mendoza, MD

What is the fee for a mini TT and BBL?

+1

Doing a TT( mini or standard) together with Buttock augmentation using  fat transplantation is  common in our office. Buttock augmentation is the most common procedure we perform in our office. You need to be examined to determine the fee. I would strongly advise you not to go to DR for many reasons. You should consult with a Board Certified Plastic  surgeon with extensive experience performing buttock augmentation with fat transplantation and doing combined TT with the BBL.

George Lefkovits, MD

+1

I am sure that there are plenty of surgeons in your area.  I would make sure that the surgeon does a huge number of fat transfers with impeccable results.  This is by far the most surgeon dependent procedure, and 25% of my patients have had the surgery before.  The minitummy tuck is not a particularly challenging procedure.   Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts, tummy tucks, and liposuction procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA