TT 1 Week Ago and Itchy On Side of Stomach Where Lipo Was Done?

Had my TT on march 27 @ lexon hill hosp very happy so far but im starting to feel very itchy on my side and on my stomach area where the lipo was done...is there anything I can do or use......,don't want to get stretch marks so happy i lost them not trying to get it back.......Thank U

Itchiness after Tummy Tuck

+2

It is important to make sure this is not caused by your garment or pain medication.   Simply place a t shirt between your binder and skin to help this.   If you notice the itching more intense after a pain pill, this may be the source.

Otherwise, it could be related to swelling and bruising of surgery.   As swelling subsides, this will improve.

I wish you a safe and healthy recovery.

Web reference: http://www.drpaulgill.com

+2

Contact with the garment is a likely cause. Wearing a t-shirt under the garment may resolve this quickly. Other possibilities include the prep solution used, or your medications, but they would cause more generalized itching. If it continues, call your surgeon.

All the best. 

Tummy Tuck itchhiness

+2

It is not uncommon to be itchy after any major sugery. It can come from a number of reasons. I find that most frequently it is the narcotic pain pills which are causing the problem and ask patients to cut back on those at one week. If you are wearing a garment that may also be irritating you. I often let patients put a clean tee shirt under their garment which minimizes irritation. However, some patients are allergic to medications or other items. It is best to call your surgeons office and let them know how you are doing. If there are any specific problems they should be able to pick that up in conversation with you. In secific theyshould be asking if there is any rash associated with the itchiness. Good luck.