Am I Starting to Develop Symmastia 2 After Scar Revision Surgery?

I am 2 weeks p/o from revision surgery to lower my left breast and upsize to 500cc mod plus silicone unders. My cleavage is much closer now and the skin in my cleavage area has raised up about 5mm. My PS said it is just swelling but I am so worried I am starting to develop symmastia! I have ordered a thong bra and am massaging my breasts in an outward manner to try and separate them. Could this massage be doing more damage to the muscle or help to settle the breasts more laterally? PLEASE HELP!

Symmastia or Implant Malposition?

At this point, you do not have symmastia.  The implants are close and you may have some skin tenting (5mm raised skin).  Keep doing the measures you are currently using and allow at least 3 months before you decide whether or not you like the results.  

8851 Center Drive
San Diego, CA 91942

Based on your photos, although the cleavage is narrow, it does not look like symmastia.  It sounds like you are already doing all the correct things to do to avoid additional issues.

Thomas Fiala, MD

220 East Central Parkway
Altamonte Springs, FL 32701

Very early in the post operative period, but I see from your so kindly posted photos your concern. I would wait til you are 2 months out from surgery and no do any arm exercising. 

6330 Manor Lane
Miami, FL 33143

It doesn't look like you have true symmastia at this time.  With a 500 cc implant, it has to go somewhere.  I have found that the complications regarding position tend to be more common with large implants, unless there is a lot of excess skin.  You already are doing the things you should do to avoid the symmastia.  Ultiimately, I would listen to the advice of the plastic surgeon who operated on you. I advise my patients with unders to not do any push-ups, bench presses, or flies for 3 months. I think you will be fine.

Paul W. Loewenstein, MD
Milwaukee Plastic Surgeon

13800 West North Avenue
Brookfield, WI 53005