My Left breast still has not dropped. Am I Starting to Bottom out? (photo)

I am 5'3" 100 lbs. and received 400cc bilaterally saline implants under the muscle on Feb. 11th. Preop 32 A, postop 32C. My Left breast still has not dropped (doc says it could take 4-6 weeks) but my Right breast has never seemed high and I am starting to worry now that it is starting to bottom out, as the bottom of my breast seems a lot fuller than the top,especially when raising my arms. Could you please tell me if I am starting to bottom out or is this a normal look after breast augmentation??

Bottoming out

+1
It looks like your left side may be bottoming out faster than the right.  Discuss your concerns with your surgeon if the asymmetry persists.

Breast Enhancement Surgery

+1
Your implants do not seem to be at the same level, even though everyone says you have to wait for things to settle it seems things are quite off and you may need a revision

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC

Bottoming out after breast augmentation

+1

Thank you for submitting your photographs and question. It does appear that one side is much lower and may be bottoming out. Please discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon. If this continues a simple revision can be done.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Bottoming Out After #BreastAugmentation

+1

From your photos, it does appear that you have breast asymmetry and one side is bottoming out rather than the other not dropping. Having pre-op photos to evaluate could be helpful in determining the true cause. 

Continue to follow up with your surgeon to ensure that you progress as planned.

Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD

Am I Starting to Bottom out after Breast Augmentation?

+1

Your concerns are certainly understandable. One breast implant certainly seems lower on your chest wall compared to the other. If this degree of asymmetry remains or you remain concerned about breast implant position, internal suture “repair” (capsulorraphy) will likely be necessary to improve the breast implant position and breast symmetry in general.

You may find the attached link helpful to you as you learn more about revisionary breast surgery.

Bottoming out

+1

The one breast does look a bit low on the chest.  You should also wait until the other has dropped completely. You may need a revision.

Implant bottoming out

+1

Although your arms are in different positions making your pictures difficult to evaluate, your right implant does appear to be settling more rapidly than your left.  However, you are not even a month out and sometimes implants will settle at different speeds.  Most of the implant settle will occur by 6 months, but it takes a full year for all of the implant settling to be complete.  I would highly encourage you to address your concerns with your plastic surgeon.

Best wishes!

Patrick C. Wilson, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Bottoming out?

+1

Unfortunately, both photos have arms in different positions, and the arm position will affect the implant position. This makes it hard to answer your question. Most useful would be a photo taken by someone other than you with your arms at your sides, and having a front and side view would be better. WIth those photos it will be more useful to assess whether or not your healing seems normal or not. 

As to "dropping" implants, that can take up to 6 months. 

Best approach would be evaluation in person by your surgeon. Thank you for your question. best wishes.