Starting out with Nothing! What Size Should I Expect? (photo)

So I started out with barely there breasts...AAcup really. I was hoping to be a full C with my implants but as I look at them only 3 days out of surgery they do not appear to be that large. Everyone told me that getting 425cc silicone high profile was going to look huge on me. Im 5'5 135lbs and have an athletic build. So with that said Im thinking because I didnt have any to start with that the 425 may turn out more like just a 'B' if approx every 200ccs is a cup size.

3 Days after Breast Augmentation and Breasts Too Small

+1

3 days following the placement of breast implants is too early to make a size determination.  The tissues will relax and the implant will not be blunted as much as it is now.  Kenneth Hughes, MD breast implants Los Angeles, CA

Size

+1

I know it is hard to do, but you need to just relax and wait. If your surgeon did not explain it pre-operatively, it will take 3-4 months for the tissues to stretch, and give you your final appearance. At they time you will have more projection, with more fullness under the nipple, and they will look larger. I would expect you to be a full C with that implant.

Gregory Sexton, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Size Anticipation After Breast Augmentation

+1

Dear Nettie,

Thank you for sharing your photos.

Unfortunately, your pre-op photo with the sports bra on is not too much useful but based on your description that you started with an AA cup you results are good.

Moreover, at 3 days post-op it is not possible as well as it is not fair to judge the results of your surgery. I believe it is best that you be a little more patient letting mother take its course towards a full recovery.

Most patients will be surprised with their results once swelling has resolved and the definition of their breasts becomes more prominent.

Meanwhile, please do follow your surgeon's instructions religiously and try to communicate with him/her sharing all your concerns openly.
I hope this helps and please feel free to check the website below.

Thank you for your inquiry.
The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

You will likely be around a C cup

+1

Hello

Thank you for the question.  Based on what you have started out with the implants you received in your current appearance I suspect you will be in the C cup range breast size.  

All the best

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Size after Breast Implants

+1

425 is not small. It is a very popular size because it tends to look great in many women. Give it some time. It looks like you just had surgery. The skin still needs to reshape and stretch to accommodate the implant. So the shape will change as you recover.

Michael Horn, MD

425 cc is plenty big for most

+1

425 cc implants are pretty large for most patients. You have to give it time to settle in and for you to heal.  Give it time.  Remember each bra company is a bit different.

Breast augmentation and cup size

+1

Determining cup size is a very inexact science.  Every manufacturer and even products from the same manufacturer can vary greatly on cup size.  Also, patient's and doctor's expectations of what a B or C cup are will be very different.  A couple of things for you to consider.  First, you are very early in your recovery period and you should not make any judgements yet on your breast size or shape.  Your breasts will change as your body adjusts to the implants.  Patience is key.  Second, your cup size doesn't matter as long as you are happy with the overall look of your new breasts.  Good luck!

Naveen Setty, MD, FACS

What Cup Size Will I Be?

+1

Congratulations on having undergone the breast augmentation procedure. Although your curiosity is certainly understandable, trying to guess what cup size you will end up is not an  exact science. As you know, brought cup sizes will vary from one bra manufacturer to another. Therefore, at this point, I would suggest that you enjoy the early results of your breast augmentation procedure;  several months from now enjoy a bra shopping trip during which your breasts will be sized.

Hopefully you will be very please with the long-term results of your surgery,  regardless of cup size.

Hello

+1

You are still too early on from surgery to really know what your results will look like. It takes 6-9 months for the tissue and muscle to relax and let the implants fluff out. 200-225cc is about one cup size. You will be a nice full C cup. Are you wearing a breast band to help the implants settle down?

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS