Recently Started IPL for Treatment of Rosacea Redness and Doctor Said to Stop Using Metrogel 1%, is This the Right Thing to Do?

The doctor recomended 5 treatments spaced 3-4wks apart; I have had 2 and will start the 3rd soon. He told me to stop using Metrogel while IPL is curently ongoing so it won't interfere with treatmnt results. I've stopped using Metrogel 1%, however I think I should still use it in conjunction with the IPL so results will be & look better once treatments have ended. Which option(s) would be best & who is correct-the doctor or myself? Also, why does my face re-flare one week after a treatmt?

Metrogel and IPL

+1

Metrogel and Metrocream should not interact with the use of a laser or light source especially if the cream is applied after the laser treatment.  As always, it is recommended to follow the advice of the treating physician as each patient's condition is unique and treatment regimens are tailored to their individual needs.

Houston Dermatologist

No problem using metrogel with IPL treatments

+1

Topical treatments for rosacea impact papules and pustules much more than dilated blood vessels and diffuse redness of rosacea.  IPL, on the other hand, is excellent for treating the diffuse redness.

The two do not interfere with each other.  You don't want to apply the metrogel right before the IPL treatment, but that is only because the skin should be clean for the treatment.

Short Hills Dermatologic Surgeon