12 years post op BA. Had 300 cc in, now want 400 cc. Should they fit?

Had breast August 12 years ago , from 34aa, had 300 cc under silicone , but having a re Aug in 2 weeks and want 400 cc in but she can't say if they will fit! She thinks I have stretched thin skin! Oh n 3 kids now!???

+2

Thank you for the question. Unfortunately, online consultants will not be able to provide you with specific enough advice to be truly helpful.   Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering  revisionary breast augmentation surgery (regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as  “natural” or "C or D cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

The use of computer imaging technology may also be very helpful during this communication process.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,   allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery (after the use of temporary sizers assessed with you in the upright position).

I hope this (and the attached link, devoted to revisionary breast surgery) helps.

Internal bra to support implants with thin stretched skin

+2
The size question relates to the base width of the implants relative to the base diameter of your breasts. Assuming there is an implant profile that matches, the consider an internal bra with SERI Scaffold, Strattice, or GalaFLEX mesh. This will add the coverage and support you will need. Otherwise, larger (heavier) implants will stress the skin even more leading to ripples and bottoming out.

Richard Baxter, MD

Re-Augmentation - 300 to 400cc. Will they fit?

+2
Thank you for your question.  If the reason you are considering a re-augmentation is an increase of fullness, an implant in the range of 400cc could be appropriate. However, as my colleague mentioned, the base /width of your breast is the best indication if the 400 is going to be the right implant for you. The profile / projection has to be taken into consideration as well. However you have to consider that if you are very slim and with a minimal amount of breast tissue, a further enhancement of volume will expose you to a higher visibility / palpability of the implants.
Best of luck

Andrea Marando

Andrea Marando, MD
Manchester Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

+1
should be fine, thats not much of an increase in size, just pay attention to the base width and make sure it does not exceed the capacity of your chest 

Joseph A. Russo, MD
Newton Plastic Surgeon

Increasing implant size by 100 cc's

+1
would be easily tolerated in most people.  But your surgeon has the advantage of having examined you and if your skin is thinning, you could still have the 400 cc's placed but realize tissue changes will continue and you will eventually need more surgery to correct it.  But I personally have never seen 300 cc implants stretch out anyone so I'm a bit confused as to what quality of tissue you have.

Curtis Wong, MD

12 years ago breast aug. Now wants 400cc

+1
400 cc should fit due to the changes in your breasts over the years.  However the diameter of your breast can easily determine if you can support a 400cc implant.   That being said the shape of the implant is very important because different shapes have different diameters .   I prefer a high profile implant for most women.  The high profile gives a nice balance between projection and a more narrow width of implant.  Ask your surgeon about it.   

Jeffrey Antimarino, MD
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon