Where to Start when Living Overseas? Rhinoplasty and Blepharoplasty.

I am a US citizen living overseas and want to get Rhinoplasty and Blepharoplasty, but do now know where to start. How do I find a doctor, and how do I start the process while living overseas? Is there a way to have some consultations via the web?

Where to start for rhinoplasty & blepharoplasty when living overseas

+1

When living overseas it is best to narrow your search down to 2 or 3 surgeons with whom you feel comfortable.  Solid criteria should be that a surgeon is board certified in facial plastic and reconstructive surgery, and they have extensive experience with rhinoplasty and blepharoplasty.  Rhinoplasty is one of the most difficult procedures to perform so it’s important that the surgeon has an adequate photo gallery of noses similar to yours.  It is equally important that the surgery is performed in an accredited surgery center such as Medicare certification and that the anesthesiologist is a board certified physician.  It is certainly acceptable to start the communication process with the facial plastic surgeon’s office by e-mail.

Where to Start when Living Overseas? Rhinoplasty and Blepharoplasty

+1

We offer internet consults where patients e-mail photos and we discuss them over the phone during a telephone consultation.  The patients then fly here to Beverly Hills for the surgery.  Rhinoplasty and Eyelid Surgery would require you to stay in the LA area for 1 week after the procedures.  We have many out of country patients and have for well over 15 years.

Oversease Consultations

+1

I am not certain of your plan; is it that you want to have your surgery performed in the US or overseas?

If you are looking for a personal consultation then you may want to visit my website and drop us a detailed email about what your goals from the surgery (photos are to be included).

Thank you for your inquiry and the best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Overseas Consultations

+1

Finding the right surgeon is important before proceeding with any surgery.  I would recommend you look for a board certified specialist who can assist you in achieving the results you seek.  For our international patients, we are able to do phone consultations if you provide photos.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Web Consults

+1

Yes! Many Cosmetic Surgeons initiate consultations via the internet.  I use drshumway@shumwaymd.com and many other doctors have their own e-mail approaches too.

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Overseas consultations

+1

It is obviously best to be evaluated in person by an experienced surgeon . But even with virtual consultations this is eventually done before any surgery is eventually performed. Using photos , videos and computer imaging, you could have some idea as to whether these surgeries will benefit you. 

I would suggest contacting a surgeon in a city wherein you can spend a couple of weeks . Perhaps one where you have a US residence or close friends or relatives .

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and Blepharoplasty Living Overseas

+1

I am frequently contacted by U.S. citizens living overseas or people from other countries interested in cosmetic surgery. They E-mail their concerns and send pictures which allow us to discuss their goals and describe their alternatives.