How Soon Can I Start Running Again After a Blue Peel?

I just had a deep blue peel applied 3 days ago. I am starting to peel. Is it too soon to start running? I am training for a marathon in January and don't want to lose any endurance I have built up.

Running Again After a Blue Peel

+1

You may need to curtail physical activity for the first week to 2 weeks after a medium depth Blue peel. Ensure you discuss your plans with your physician before resuming your training program.

Outdoor Activities after an Obagi Blue Peel

+1

I always recommend waiting for 1 to 2 weeks afer an Obagi Blue Peel before resuming any outdoor activities, especially in Florida. A good water-resistant sunblock is important. If you are a fast healer and it was not a very deep peel then you can resume outdoor activities after one week.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Exercise and Blue Peel

+1

Medium depth Blue peels often do require a period of 1-2 weeks for dermal recovery.  I often encourage to limiting vigorous exercise for those initial 2 weeks.  You should, however, see you PS and confirm his regimen.

Delio Ortegon, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Running after a Blue Peel

+1

It is best to check with the physician who gave you the Blue Peel. In general, with a medium depth peel, it is best to protect the face from the sun and other potential environmental stress until the skin is fully healed (7 to 10 days). Sun block is important if you are in part of the country with strong sun exposure. Running indoors should be less of a concern.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Running & exercise after chemical peel or Blue peel

+1

Hi Port Saint Lucie682,

While each patient & treatment is unique, most cosmetic surgeons and dermatologists will advise to wait at least 1-2 weeks. Your skin needs time to recover, and premature exercise or running may delay healing or cause further problems. If you happen to heal more quickly, then you might be able to start exercise earlier. Speak with your chemical peel provider to help determine appropriate options for you. Best of luck.

Dr. Chaboki

Houtan Chaboki, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon