Antibiotics + Obagi & Retin-A Before a Surgical Procedure or Fillers?

I have dental work coming up and currently a mild bladder infection. I will be using antibiotics for both, (clindimycin & something for the bladder). I am also interested in a surgical procedure for my cheeks. Is now a bad time to start using Retin A & Obagi? Will any of this interfere or produce an allergic response?

Infection and cosmetic procedure

+1

It is always best to treat an infection completely prior to undergoing an elective cosmetic procedure. It is not an absolute contraindication however as long as the elective procedure is not involving the same area as the infection.

West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Is it OK to have a cosmetic procedure while treating an infection

+1

Since the cosmetic procedure for your cheeks is elective, I recommend that you wait until you urinary tract infection and dental  work is finished before having the cosmetic procedure done. 

As far as using Retin A and Obaji while on antibiotics, there is no contraindication for that.

Emily Altman, MD
Short Hills Dermatologic Surgeon