When Will I Start Looking Normal Again After Fat Transfer to Cheeks?

I went to my doctor to ask him if he can correct a little dent on my cheeks where 2 muscles meet. He suggest fat injection. I thought it would be a minor 'filler' only at the dented areas but he actually injected fat to both of my cheeks. Its been only 4 days but i look like a completely different person. I look like a chipmunk and very depressed. i know that its still early but can Fat transfer to the cheeks actually change ur whole natural look that drastically or is this normal healing.

Fat injections

+1

You may have some swelling settling down the cheecks and giving the chimunk appearance.

Wear your facial strap as much as possible, wait atleast 3 weeks for the swelling to come down.

Have your surgeon look at it to make sure it is swelling and not other things

When will patient look normal again after fat injection to cheeks?

+1

Hi inpatient berry,

That depends how normal you looked before your fat transfer!  Kidding aside, it's best to discuss on this with your doctor. It usually takes at least two weeks for surgical swelling to go down, and then it takes about five to six months for all the swelling to resolve. The fat that is still there at that time, will likely be permanent. If you are still dissatisfied at that point, then an experienced physician can inject steroid to decrease the fat.  Your case emphasizes the importance of communicating with, trusting, and choosing your fat transfer physician most carefully. Good luck and be well!

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Cheek swelling after fat injections

+1

Fat injections on the cheeks can result in significant swelling depending on how much fat is injected and the technique used.  The swelling can last 2-3 weeks and many times a doctor will overfill the area since not all of the fat will take.  Everybody has chipmunk cheeks, but the swelling will go down eventually.  Good luck and make sure you follow-up with your doctor who did the injections.

Stanley Castor, MD

Fat injections

+1

There can be a significant swelling from fat injections depending on how they are done and to where they are placed. You need to ask your question to your surgeon as they know how much fat they injected, at what depth, in what tissues and what area of involvement. They can tell you if the swelling is temporary.

Ronald Shelton, MD