Should Start W Lipo and then Later Decide if a Tummy Tuck is Wanted. Does Having Lipo Neccessarily Mean a Better Tuck?

(Dont really want both.)I am 5'9 and weight 197 Goal weight is 180-185. 180 is harder to maintain and my body seems to float around 200. Utilimately stable weight is best and also near goal weight. Would it be better to lose it and then proceed to have lipo or tuck or have it since I'm so close to goal and anything lost after would be a bonus? I think most recommend dations say get to your goal weight if possible. I can add a photo later (hopefylly).

Ideal weight and TT

+2

Most Plastic surgeons want you to get to your goal weight prior to surgery. What you need to understand, is your goal weight actually achievable and can you maintain it. From what you said I gather NO. Liposuction prior to a TT is preferable but requires 2 surgeries. I usually reserve doing that in patients considerably heavier than you. Without a phot dificult to say but it sounds as if you should do well with a TT and lipo perfomed at the same time.

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction and Abdominoplasty are for 2 different problems.

+1

HI kms26.  You should submit pictures or (even better) see a plastic surgeon who can examine you and recommend the right operation to correct your feature.  Liposuction does not improve the results of abdominoplasties.  It is true that it is best to lose weight naturally before any body-contouring surgery.

Liposuction will improve your contour if you have good skin elasticity and a taut abdominal muscle layer with up to a modest fatty layer.  An abdominoplasty is necessary if you have loose or inelastic skin and a lax muscle layer in addition to excess fatty tissue.  I hope this helps. 

Lewis Ladocsi, MD, FACS
Richmond Plastic Surgeon