Steroid Injections for Every Checkup

Is it standard procedure for the doctor to give steroid injections at every checkup appointment?-about every 6 weeks for a year following the surgery? Is it safe to keep injecting the nose with steroids? What negative effects can this cause?

Steroid Injections at Every Checkup Not Recommended

Not only is it not standard, it should not be done routinely. Some post-rhinoplasty patients do benefit from a short series of steroid shots; mostly to help with isolated areas of undue swelling in the supratip area. I limit steroid injections to 2 or 3 over a period of 6 weeks, and probably do it in less than 5% of my patients.