Stages of Healing-why Did Swelling Go Down at Such a Fast Rate in 2 Months Post-op, but when It Swelled Again, Progress Slowed?

Sustained a bump & the nose reswelled at least 50% after I glimpsed it at a size/level of definition I didn't know someone w/ my thick oily skin could achieve.The implant was ok.I waited 8 weeks & the nose definitely didn't go back to the pre-bump shape/size,even at its smallest (least "swollen").I realize I'm forming scar tissue by week 8,but why couldn't I replicate that good fortune?What are the odds I'll see that pre-complication nose again? (I know a year's standard-I'm just disappointed.)

Rhinoplasty Post-op

+2

It's very normal for your healing to fluctuate and swelling to go up and down. Typically, it can take months for the majority of your swelling to subside and to see the results you desire. I would recommend making an appointment with your facial plastic surgeon to make sure your healing is going accordingly.

Delayed Healing after Rhinoplastly

+2

Hello and thank you for your question.

After a rhinoplasty the healing can be many months before you see the final result. With that being said, any trauma to the nose with definitely delay healing and swelling as well. Please follow closely with your PS and seek their professional opinion.

Best of luck to you.

David Cangello, MD

+2

The swelling can be prominent at this early stage.  I would follow with your surgeon.   This may take the full year or more to resolve after the trauma.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     Kenneth Hughes, MD