Stage 2 Liposuction Garment?

Hi, I'm a little over 2 weeks post op from liposuction on my upper, lower abs and flanks. I received from my PS Spanx Super Higher Power compression garment. I do not like this option for a few reasons: one, I don't like the compression on my legs AND I don't like the open crotch (the slit is kinda small and doesn't seem "clean"). I'm wondering if there is something out there similar to my stage 1 garment (just something that wraps around my stomach and allows me to wear my reg underwear)

Options for a Stage 2 Liposuction Garment

+4

Many options exist. Local department stores usually carry Spanx or Flexees; perhaps they make a high waisted brief or girdle that would suit you better.

Lipo In A Box makes comfortable compression and shapewear that my patients have used for their second-stage garments. They do offer at least one high-waisted brief option that you could consider.

I too use Marena garments after liposuction. Both first-stage and second-stage options are available, as well as some shapewear. If you are looking for full abdominal compression without a leg, then the LGA2 or the FBA2 would work well; both have an accessible crotch with hook-and-eye closures in the front. It does not appear that Marena offers a shapewear garment without legs.

And of course there are multiple companies that sell post-surgical compression garments. An internet search should provide you with additional options.

Best wishes, Ken Dembny

Milwaukee Plastic Surgeon

Stage 2 liposuction garments

+3

The differences in a stage 2 type liposuction garment in our practice is the amount of compression, and zippers. We like the Spanx Higher Power because it is widely available at a reasonable cost, and most will wear their own underwear under the Spanx. There are many options out there, just think body shapers that cover the areas suctioned, and those you can get on and off without struggle.

Best of luck, peterejohnsonmd.com

Liposuction garments

+1

I know of no OTC products besides Spanx and old fashioned girdles, but you would need a full waisted girdle for it to work.

Julio Garcia, MD

Liposuction garments

+1
Each plastic surgeon has their own protocol for wearing compression garments. I have seen colleagues have patient wear compression garments for three months to not wearing any compression garment at all from the time of surgery. I think three weeks is a good compromise, and patients can wear them longer if they like. I personally do not use stage two garments. Stage two garments may provide some feeling of support after the initial stronger compression garment is no longer needed. You should discuss this with your plastic surgeon, since they are the one you trusted to do your surgery.

Todd C. Case, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Lipo garments

+1

I think how much compression you depends on the expected degree of skin laxity post lipo.Wearing a spandex type garment is good for support and allowing the skin to compress.Many of my patients like the spandex suits worn by bicycle riders.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction

+1

i usually have patients wear a liposuction garment for 3-6 weeks after the procedure.  I do not put them in a stage 2 garment.  Spanx are probably ok.

Try marena

+1

i use marena compression garments.  each style comes in stage 1 - with zippers.  and stage 2 - without.  i'm sure there are plenty of different brands out there.  marena just seems to work for me.  but if you're looking for something stage 2 try them.  good luck!

Eric Chang, MD