Stage 1/Mild Ptosis Mommy Makeover Without Lift Candidate? or Possibly Bernelli/donught Lift?

I am a 27 yo African American. I would like a Mommy Makeover but only if I can have implants without a vertical scar from a lift. Am I candidate? I have scheduled 3 consults with surgeons here in the Dallas area. The first has told me I must have a lift. (I have not yet seen the remaining 2 docs.) I dont need my breasts to sit higher, i just want more volume. I've seen pics of successful augmentation on women with similar ptosis. Is this wishful thinking for me to have the same result?

Lift or no lift

+2

It is all about expectations.  If you are not concerned with the position of your nipple/areolar complex, then there are no 'rules' that say you have to have a lift.  The idea of an anatomic implant is a good one.  Not your only option, but a very good one.  On the other hand, with a high projecting implant, like a HP or anatomic implant, the peri-areaolar lift with implants is also a very reasonable option.  Again, what do you need to be happy with your result?  That is the first question. 

Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Periareoreolar breast implant.

+2

i would suggest to use anatomical implants,via an inferior periareolar approach, placed under the muscle, to elevate the nipple and breast without need of vertical scar pexy. would not use a big implant, probably 280,300 maximum, to avoid overweight the tissue, and place the implants under the pectorals muscle. 

the benelli technique, which is a periareolar mastopexy ,tends to flatten the great,as the tension is concentrated along the areola where skin is removed, 

London Plastic Surgeon

Lift and implants

+2

You may not need a full lift. It may be possible to perform a circumareola lift( around the border of the areola only) , but without an exam I can not say for sure. Good luck.

Bernelli/donut Lift?

+2

An augmentation alone may result in the unsatisfying appearance of the breast tissue draping off the implant, so I do feel that a lift in is your interest. 

A peri-areolar (donut) lift would likely be enough to avoid that, though it cannot give as much of a lift as a vertical or anchor lift. However, given your goals, it does seem to be an acceptable approach.

At your consults, be sure to look at photos of the various incisions in patients who are all healed, and keep an open mind as you listen to the pros and cons of the various options.

Thanks and best wishes.

Hello

+2

Without an exam it is very difficult to be exact. From your pictures and you not wanting them to be straight up, is a possibility that you can get a nice results will a minimal lift. A nice size implant with a modest lift as the PERIAREOLAR lift would give you nice results. You should get a consult with a PS, to get accurate advice.

Do I need a lift?

+2

Without an exam it is impossible for me to tell if you need a lift. Two points however:  1) many women are reluctant to have the vertical scar of a lift and 2) the vertical scar tends to be the best in appearance of the 3 ( around the areola, fold, and vertical).  One option I give women who have minimal ptosis is to have the augmentation alone, wait 3-4 months for some relaxation/settling, and then reassess the need for a lift. You need to wait because the ptosis will look greatly exaggerated at first. You can always have the lift later if needed. Good luck!

Charleston Plastic Surgeon

I do think you can do just a Breast Augmentation

+2

I do believe you are a candiate for breast augmentation. If you do not want a vertical scar from a lift, I would recommend a benelli or cresent lift which would just leave a scar around the areola. The implants would give you the volume you are seeking which, if done without the vertical lift, will still give you a good result. Alternatively, you could elect to simply have an augmentation without any type of lift. You will definitely have some fullness in the lower breast, but I still feel you will have a nice result if you are willing to accept this.

Web reference: http://www.aquaplasticsurgery.com

Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Ptosis

+1

You are a perfect candidate for the periareolar lift and the submuscular implants. The sizing and the profile implant used is critical for achieving a natural looking result.

Breast Augmentation with Circumareolar lift (Benelli, donut, concentric)

+1

Depending upon the size of implant chosen and the position of your inframammary fold, a circumareolar lift with implant may be appropriate.

Mini Ultimate Breast Lift instead of Benelli donut lift

+1

You are an excellent candidate for a new procedure called Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift.  Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to lift your breast tissue higher on your chest wall increasing your upper pole fullness, move your breast tissue more medial increasing your cleavage and reshaping your breast.  At the same time, the implant can be placed.  Your photographs show asymmetry with your right breast larger than the left so you will need different size implants.  The best implants are silicone gel placed retro-pectoral since they look and feel more natural.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Web reference: http://www.horndeski.com/gallery.aspx

Texas Plastic Surgeon