Would It Be Okay to Attend a Concert a Week and a Half After Getting a Breast Augmentation?

There's an all standing concert that I want to attend about a week and a half after my surgery is scheduled. Would it be okay to attend the concert if I didn't drink any alcohol while also standing towards the back of the venue to avoid any pushing or shoving. I'm very aware that I should avoid any jumping, pushing & shoving...etc.

What Concert?

+1

You should be fine.  Just keep healthy and drink lots of water.  Stay way from rowdy people who may hurt you.  Protect your investment.  

Attending a Concert 10 days after Breast Augmentation

+1

If this is not a particularly raucous crowd, then this activity should be appropriate after breast augmentation.

Attending a concert after breast augmentation

+1

Going to a concert a week after surgery shouldn't be a problem as long as your surgery went smoothly and you are feeling fine.  You may still be sore and will not want to jump or dance vigorously.  However, you should still be able to enjoy yourself!  Good luck!

Anureet K. Bajaj, MD
Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon

Concert one week after breast augmentation

+1

It shouldn't be a problem going to a concert one week after getting breast implants as long as everything went well and you don't get too crazy.  You still may be a little tender jumping and if someone bumps into you.

Adam Hamawy, MD
Princeton Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation recovery and concert

+1

At one and half weeks out form surgery, provided that you are healing and as long as you are not exerting yourself significantly, it shoudl be ok to go to a concert. Just check with your surgeon.

Breast Augmentation Recovery

+1

I would be very surprised if you were unable to attend a concert 10 days later. The majority of my patients go back to work after four days so I am sure you will be able to go to the concert.

Robert Kearney, MD, FACS
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

E Okay to Attend a Concert a Week and a Half After Getting a Breast Augmentation

+1

By ten days most women are back at work and back to almost all but the more strenuous activities. I see no reason why you shouldn't be able to go to your concert. 

Thanks, best wishes. 

ACTIVITY POST AUGMENTATION

+1

If your surgery goes smoothly,  I do not see any reason not to attend.  It sounds like you plan on being careful.  Enjoy and have a good time.

Todd B. Koch, MD
Buffalo Plastic Surgeon

How much is too much activity 10 days after breast augmentation surgery??

+1

Hello KayJo,

Timing is everything, right?

It sounds like you have not yet had the surgery and really want to go to this concert...  less than 2 weeks AFTER your operation

Couple of questions for you:

1.  How much are the tickets???  Some $$

2.  How much is the surgery??  More $$

3.  How much is a revision of your new breasts if you have a complication?

Way more $$ and time

4.  How mad will you be if you have to have a revision??  Very mad

5.  Which will make you happier 2 months after your surgery:

a.  awesome breasts???  Very happy

b.  one night at a great concert (which you can go to another time) during which you could have a problem that requires a trip back to the operating room and you're back to step one in recovery??  Not happy at all

TIP FOR KayJo:  Schedule your surgery after the concert and guess what??  ENJOY BOTH!  Be Happy!

Thanks for asking!  Dr Ellen

Ellen A. Mahony, MD
Westport Plastic Surgeon

What can I do 1-2 weeks after breast augmentation?

+1
Hi Kay, Thank you for your question. While it is best for you to discuss post-operative questions with your surgeon as he has seen you and can see if there are any problems, in general, going to a concert and being careful should be fine. Best Wishes, Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon