Pregnant After TT--csection Concerns?

I have had two csections, a TT with hernia repair, and now I am pregnant again (surprise!). I am concerned about the OB having "problems" with my next csection. Is there a reason for me to be concerned with all of that scar tissue that I assume is in there, or are the incisions from TT and hernia repair in completely different areas and therefore a non-issue for my OB?

Pregnant After TT--csection Concerns

+1

The TT should provide no added issues for your OB, no more than for anyone having a repeat c-section. Using the same incision (not all of it) the OB will quickly be down to the abdominal wall, and then on to the main part of the operation which should be no different than if you never had the TT.

Congratulations and best wishes for your pregancy and delivery.

C-Section After A Tummy Tuck

+1

Your tummy tuck scar poses no concerns for a c-section and provides the incision line needed for your upcoming delivery. Pregnancies after a tummy tuck are not rare and pose no extra concerns or difficulties for a c-section procedure. 

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

C section after tummy tuck

+1
I do not think the TT will present any problems for your OB. You may need a revision once you have lost the baby weight but, in the meantime, congratulations and best wishes for a healthy pregnancy.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Pregnancy after Tummy Tuck

+1

Your OB should be able to take care of your delivery without any concerns about the past tummy tuck, 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

C-section Concerns after Tummy Tuck?

+1

Congratulations on the surprise pregnancy!

Although your concerns are understandable, I do not think that you have much to worry about. Your OB/GYN should be able to deal with any scar tissue from previous C-section and tummy tuck surgery without difficulty. Depending on what type of suture was used to perform the muscle plication during the tummy tuck surgery, your OB/GYN may have to cut some suture before he/she is able to enter the peritoneum to retrieve your newcomer.

Best wishes for a smooth pregnancy and a healthy infant.

C-section after Tummy Tuck and Hernia Repair

+1

This may present no additional challenge at all, but this depends on a number of things including placement of incisions for the tummy tuck and the planned C-section and whether mesh was used for the hernia and how far that mesh extends.