Am I a Candidate for Browlift or Blepharoplasty? (photo)

I'm 52 years old and would love a professional opinion. Thank you!

Brow lift or blepharoplasty depends on what look you desire

+2

You ask a great question! Whether you go for a brow lift or blepharoplasty depends, in part, on what sort of look you desire. Your photo shows your eyebrows to be a bit low – the right more so than the left.  You also have extra skin in the upper eyelids.  My personal opinion is that you can benefit most from a blepharoplasty alone. For a number of years, brow lifts were, in my opinion, overdone and done too soon.  From your photo, it appears that a mild brow lift (which is the only method I think would be aesthetically pleasing) will still leave you with upper eyelid skin. So, you can go for a subtle brow lift, but I think the upper eyelid lift is what will really help the most.  An in-office consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon is essential for you to know your options.  Good luck!

Long Island Plastic Surgeon

Blepharoplasty, ptosis repair, and/or browlift

+2

Asymmetry of the eyelids can result from a number of factors including the position of the eyelid relative to the pupil, the relative position of the eyebrows, and the presence of extra skin in the eyelids.  Sometimes more than 1 procedure needs to be performed to achieve best outcomes.  It is usually not possible to make a surgical recoommendation based on a photograph.  If you are interested in correcting eyelid asymmetry, I suggest meeting with a surgeon who is highly experienced in treating this condition.

Brian Biesman, MD
Nashville Oculoplastic Surgeon

Eyelid surgery

+2

You have asymmetry of your upper eyelids. This can be corrected with surgery, but a good examination will be need to determine whether a blepharoplasty will do it, or do you need muscle tightening.

I do not think you need a brow lift.

Gregory Sexton, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Eyelid surgery versus browlift

+2

The photo shows asymmetrical eyebrows with the patient's right eye brow being lower than the left. This will lead to a symmetrical upper lids and excess skin. It is probably best just to perform an upper  blepharoplasty. Raising these eyebrows might make  the brows look  too high and give a surprised look.

Blepharoplasty or brow lift?

+2

You have slight left upper eyelid ptosis (droopy upper eyelid) with resultant brow compensation meaning the brow on that side is slightly higher to help compensate for the ptosis.  Neither blepharoplasty or brow lift will address this asymmetry. However, that doesn't mean you won't benefit from conservative upper blepharoplasty, depending on what your goals are.  Surgical brow lift is probably too early as you can achieve minimal brow lift from botulinum toxin (chemical brow lift). See an oculoplastic surgeon for evaluation.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

+2

From your photo, it seems that you have left upper eyelid ptosis, meaning the height of your left upper eyelid is lower than the right upper eyelid. To make your eyes symmetrical, that needs to be addressed.  You have extra upper eyelid tissue as well and asymmetric brows.  The higher left eyebrow is probably trying to compensate for the left upper eyelid ptosis.  You need a complete evaluation by an Oculoplastic surgeon.

Sam Goldberger, MD
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Blepharoplasty and browlift

+2

The operations do different things - but are complimentary and sometimes both needed to achieve the best aesthetic result.  The brow position has to be good for a blepharoplasty to be effective in certain patients.  This can be determined at the time of your consultation.  It would appear, from the photo, that you might benefit from both.

David A. Lickstein, MD

Brow lift? Bleph?

+2

A brow lift and blepharoplasty are not mutually exclusive procedures.

You may get by with either, but then again, you may need both, but only an exam will tell the whole story.  The status of the periorbital fat pads (puffy or baggy eyes) is important.  Also, the brows are a bit low, but if they are elevated to where they should be aesthetically, and the lids are still redundant, then a bleph should be considered.

sek

Scott E. Kasden, MD

Browlift or Blepharoplasty?

+2

After reviewing your photographs you have ptosis (sagging) of your right eyebrow.  The amount of iris showing in both of your eyes appears to be the same so you do not appear to have eyelid ptosis.  You would do well to have the right eyebrow elevated and may also need a small amount of skin removed from your upper eyelids.

Michael Sundine, MD

Browlift or blepharoplasty?

+2

Thank you for the single photograph, but an in office exam is key.  You certainly may be a candidate for one or both.