Can You Tell Me if I Have Enough Skin for a Low Tummy Tuck Scar? (photo)

I am only 4'11" and I have a rather short torso, my main fear for my TT is that I will not be able to conceal my scar under a bikini bottom. I know it is hard to tell for certain given just a picture, but estimates would be appreciated. Thank you.

Low tummy tuck scar

+2

Yes, I think that your scar can be placed low and that all the skin below your belly button will be able to be removed. Obviously you would need a good exam to confirm but that's the way it looks from the photo. Good luck.

Low Tummy Tuck Scar Possible?

+2

As you mention, it is difficult to provide you with precise advice but based on the photograph my best guess would be that it will be possible to keep your tummy tuck scar low enough for you to be able to wear a two-piece swimming suit. Of course, much will depend on exactly how low you where your swimming suit etc.

I'm sure you will be able to receive more precise advice after in-person consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons in your area.  you may find that it will be helpful for you to take a potential swimming suit with you to the consultation ( I often ask pre- operative patients to bring their swimming suit or undergarment to the preoperative marking session).

Low tummy tuck scar is in your stars!

+1

From what I can see you would be a candidate for a low tummy tuck scar even if a Lipo-abdominoplasty is performed. In this procedure the upper part of you tummy is suction tho thin and contour that area. It remains attached to the underlying muscle but slides down to allow the low scar placement. I think you would benefit from this type of abdominoplasty!

Manuel M. Pena, MD
Naples Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck and Scar

+1

There are quite a few things that need to be examined in the office to help answer this question about your abdominoplasty, so make sure to ask about scar position.  Based on your photo, I think you have enough skin to place the scar low to help create a "hidden" scar afterward.

Jeff Scott, MD
Everett Plastic Surgeon

Have Enough Skin for a Low Tummy Tuck Scar?

+1

A photo is not quite as useful as an in person exam, but based upon this picture I do expect that there is plenty of tissue to reach a low incision and give you a nice result. All the best.