Based on my facial features, what type of realistic changes should I strive for via rhinoplasty? (photos)

I don't know what kind of nose would best suit my face, I just know the nose I was born with is a bit large. Using your aesthetic training, what type of changes would you suggest? These must of course be realistic changes and something that you would be able to accomplish with your operating skills. I provided photos of various lighting and angles.

Natural looking rhinoplasty is what u should look for in a rhinoplasty surgery.

+1
Natural looking rhinoplasty is what u should look for in a rhinoplasty surgery. You have an overprojected nose which is very wide and depressed in the mid nose, etc. These can be corrected with a more attractive nose if u go to a surgeon who does these types of noses.

I have several suggestions for Rhinoplasty for you.

+1
From my evaluation of your photos, you could benefit from reduction of the dorsal hump, as well as dorsal  narrowing, some deprojection and narrowing of the tip, as well as some conservative tip rotation. I would recommend realistic computer imaging as an integral part of the consultation. Finally You would see examples of pre and postop photos of patients with similar noses. You have very nice facial skeletal features which would serve to complement a well done Rhinoplasty!

Harrison C. Putman III, MD
Peoria Facial Plastic Surgeon

Based on my facial features, what type of realistic changes should I strive for via rhinoplasty?

+1
     Hump reduction, bridge narrowing, and tip refinement would all be beneficial.  These maneuvers can be performed through a closed approach without any visible scars.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Rhinoplasty

+1
First and most importantly, you should consult a board-certified plastic surgeon with extensive experience in performing rhinoplasty. Based on your photographs, you have a wide nose with a bulbous tip and lobule as well as a dorsal hump and slight over projection. This is a very common presentation of rhinoplasty patients. Detailed and precise analysis of the nose is essential in order to design the right operation for you. You have beautiful facial features and I feel that you will have a nose that will complement those features when performed by the right surgeon.

Phillip Dahan, MD
Reno Plastic Surgeon

Realistic rhinoplasty expectations

+1
When performing a rhinoplasty procedure the surgeon must use the existing cartilages and bone to change the shape so that the nasal components balance with each other and the new nose balances with your facial features. When patients present with a large wide nose, there many rhinoplasty surgical maneuvers that can be  performed, but usually that's done at the time of the consultation.
Tio narrow the wide bridge, medial and lateral osteotomies are performed. To narrow a wide boxy and bulbous tip, suture techniques the lower lateral cartilages and sometimes a conservative cartilage removal is necessary.
Virtual rhinoplasty software is available on the link below along with our rhinoplasty  photo gallery to give you an idea what can be accomplished with procedure.

Nasal shape

+1
Thank you for the photos - I would find a surgeon or surgeons in your area that will take your photos digitally and then alter them with your input until you see the final result you are looking for.  Assuming that result is realistic you can then ask how it can be accomplished.

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon

Reduction rhinoplasty

+1
The nose is wide in middle and lower thirds. The tip is bulbous. This will need reduction of the dorsal hump, lateral osteotomies to bring the nasal bones inwards to reduce the width of the nose. Reducing the tip by trimming some of the cartilage (lower lateral) in it.
The term for all this is 'reduction rhinoplasty'.

Regards
Dr J
Disclaimer: This answer is not intended to give a medical opinion and does not substitute for medical advice. The information presented in this posting is for patients’ education only. As always, I encourage you to see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Refinement Rhinoplasty

+1
Your nasal shape overall is quite good. Although the photos are not ideal I think that some narrowing of the bridge and tip would soften the appearance and be more in keeping with your other features.

Good luck

Thomas Buonassisi, MD
Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nose surgery

+1
Pictures are not very clear but based on what I can see, I would recommend narrowing the back of the nose, narrowing the tip and refining the nasal tip shape. 
Ali Totonchi M.D.

Ali Totonchi, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon