Do You Think I Could Achieve This Look with Rhinoplasty? (photo)

I would love to balance out my face by reducing the size of my nose. Based on the nose I already have, I think a nose similar to Kara Dioguardi or Minka Kelly would suit my face well. Do you think I am being unrealistic?

Realistic rhinoplasty results

+2

It's important to have realistic  results in mind prior to undergoing the surgery, and not try to mimic a model.  Rhinoplasty surgeons must use the pre-existing nasal bones, upper lateral cartilages, and nasal tip cartilages to sculpt a new nose to match your face and keep the nasal components  in balance with each other. Thickness of the skin will also give variable results. Virtual rhinoplasty software was available on our website for you to try

Realistic results from rhinoplasty

+2

If a nose you like comes from someone with a similar skin type and facial shape you might have a chance but computer imaging after knowing what you like will help give the best idea of the potential for your result.

Your nose can be made smaller, more like the models

+2

To reduce the size of your nose, I believe the issues would be to bring it back closer to your face, so it doesn't project as much, take down the modest bump along the bridge of your nose, and also elevate the tip, so it's not as long. I measure "length" as the distance from where the nose begins, between your eyes, down the length of the bridge to the tip.  Click on the "Web reference" link to see a modification that I made to your image, to show what could be possible with surgery.
From the frontal view, your nose appears wide.
While it's never possible to put someone else's nose on you, it is realistic that you could have a nose closer to the two models, because the changes that I describe would move your nose in that direction.

Steven M. Denenberg, MD
Omaha Facial Plastic Surgeon

Realistic Rhinoplasty Goals

+2

From the picture, narrowing your nose looks like it may help and would make it more similar to these actresses.  You would benefit from an in-person consultation along with computer imaging to know for sure. Good Luck!

Roy A. David, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

These celebrity nose pictures are not unrealistic expectations.

+2

You're not going to get a perfect replica of any models nose. However, the general result exhibited by their pictures is not unrealistic based on the anatomy of your nose which includes thickness of the skin and the condition of the tip cartilages.

Making a long overprojected nose more petite

+1

It appears that you have an overprojected nose that is slightly disproportionate for your slender face. An experienced rhinoplasty surgeon can evaluate and discuss techniques to address the changes you desire and perform computer imaging to show you potential benefits of surgery. Even 2 dimensional images can be helpful.

Harrison C. Putman III, MD
Peoria Facial Plastic Surgeon

Do You Think I Could Achieve This Look with Rhinoplasty?

+1

I think that the first goal picture you provide is reasonable with regard to level of tip refinement.  The level of tip projection is another issue that will need to be addressed as well.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Rhinoplasty Expectations

+1

Reducing the size of a large nose and refining the nasal appearance can be achieved with a rhinoplasty done by an experienced specialist. Your expectations are reasonable but can be clarified during a personal consultation.

+1

From the photos provided, your nose is quite a bit wider with an over-projected nasal tip when compared with the other examples provided.  Reducing the over-projected nasal tip and narrowing the nasal bons could be achieved with Rhinoplasty.  Computer imaging however, manipulates the nose in ways that a Rhinoplasty never could...and as such might give the illusion of the final result.  

Expectations with rhinoplasty

+1

You are a good candidate for a rhinoplasty and should expect a narrower, more defined tip and narrower more refined bony pyramid in the range of the examples you submitted. Computer imaging is a great way to get a realistic idea of how you might look with modifications that are reasonable with your tissues.

Gregory J. Stagnone, MD