Should I Get Breast Augmentation? (photo)

I am 19 years old, and I have a taller frame. I'm 5' 9", 150 pounds, but I've been a 34 AB since middle school and my breasts haven't changed at all----like they haven't "rounded out" or anything, and I have to wear push-up or padded bras always to look proportional. Would breast augmentation be my best option, should I do anything, and if so what size would be good? Attached is a full-body-shot of me [sorry it isn't "less clothed," I don't feel comfortable posting pics like that online.]

Am I a good candidate for breast augmentation?

+2
You are a good candidate if you are healthy, you realize that you will likely need several breast surgeries related to implants over the course of your life, and you accept the risks of surgery. Do realize that you can only use saline implants if you are under 22 years old. Implants can be a great way to feel more proportionate in clothing, but only if you choose a size that complements your frame. Your surgeon should be able to guide you in the right direction. 

Jupiter Plastic Surgeon

Nobody "needs" a breast augmentation.

+1

If you have certain aesthetic goals they can be achieved by breast augmentation I would consider you a good candidate. However, this is accomplished with the consequences and risks that surgery.

Things to Consider re: Breast Augmentation

+1

Dear lmj.Violin94,
You sound like you are a very good candidate for breast augmentation as you have a good figure already and at age 19 are young and healthy.

You should realize that the FDA will limit you to saline implants until you reach the age of 22. Only for birth defects or reconstruction is that age requirement waived for silicone gel implants.

Although saline implants are satisfactory, they are not as soft or lifelike in feel as the silicone gel implants are. Also, there is a deflation rate to consider that can be quite unpredictable, and there may be rippling noted through the skin on the sides of the breasts where there is no muscle coverage.

Another option, which will likely be available soon, is the The Ideal Implant which is being reviewed by the FDA. This is a brand new, innovative, saline-filled implant that actually has multiple internal chambers to baffle the saline and delivers about 90% of the look and feel of a silicone gel implant. If you are reluctant to use the standard saline implants and don’t want to wait until age 22 for the silicone implant, this will be an attractive feature for you soon.

Best of luck to you.

Robert D. Wilcox MD

Augmentation

+1

Breast augmentation is a very personal decision. I would recommend that you discuss this with a board certified plastic surgeon, your friends and family before proceeding

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Breast Augmentation

+1

Sounds like you are a great candidate for breast augmentation. Make an appointment for a consultation to find out more details about your case. Breast augmentation is a high satisfaction surgery. Women feel better about themselves and about the way clothes fit. 3D imaging is a nice way to visualize about how you may look afterwards. Good luck!

Michael Horn, MD

Breast Augmentation

+1

Breast augmentation is the most commonly performed surgical aesthetic procedure.  It is performed to enhance breast size, used to improve particular conditions such as constricted (tubular breasts) or may be performed in circumstances of significant asymmetries.  It would be recommended to have a consultation with a plastic surgeon to discuss your individual options.

Craig Mezrow, MS, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Should I Get Breast Augmentation?

+1

If you would like larger breasts, breast augmentation surgery is really the only way to currently address this matter.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast augmentations each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Should I get augmentation?

+1

I respect and understand your need to post your pictures with clothing.  Although you have done these pictures with the assistance of a padded  bra, it seems as though your pictures portray what you might like to look like in clothing with augmentation. Bras may work with most clothing but as the temperatures get warmer then people start to wear less. This translates to more revealing tops, bathing suits, etc.  These situations are when things start to feel uncomfortable for a women that is small breasted especially if the rest of your body has nice curves and you feel unproportional.  Finding a board certified plastic surgeon with some experience and empathy will be your best option.  Only then can you be truly evaluated to see if you are a good candidate.  Good luck.

Elisa A. Burgess, MD

Am I a candidate for a breast augmentation?

+1

A breast augmentation is a very personal decision that should be done for you and no one else.  If you are not satisfied with your breasts and would like them to be larger, then you should start some research to learn about what getting breast implants entails. If you still feel this is for you, then make a consultation with about 3 board certified plastic surgeons and go from there.  Make a list of questions and bring them with you, no question is a silly one.  Good luck! ac

Angela Champion, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

On line clothed photos!!!

+1

You need in person nude chest examination to determine if you are a candidate. Over the internet in a clothed posted photo does not allow us to respond.