Bottoming Out or Capsular Contracture? (photo)

I had my BA done in 2003. Saline 300cc o/f to 330cc placed under the muscle, periareolar incision. I gave birth to my second child in 2007 but did not breastfeed. As you can see my right breast is higher than my left. I am scheduled for surgery this Friday with the original surgeon. He feels the right has CC. I am concerned that the left maybe bottoming out as well. Should I ask for a pocket revision on the left? Replacements are 350-375cc silicone smooth round Mod to Mod Plus profile.

Capsular contraction on the right no bottoming out on the left breast implants

+1

Thank you for your question and photographs. From your photograph I think your left breast position looks excellent. Of course it is crucial that you follow your plastic surgeons advice and trust him or her to make the best decision for you. Since you're having new implants placed if the pocket needs to be modified on the left I'm sure it will be done.

Bottoming Out or Capsular Contracture?

+1

The posted photos lead me to agree with your surgeon. As the issue is purely right breast with capsular fibrosis. 

Hello

+1

From your picture its obvious you do have one breast higher than the other. Whether its capsular contraction, we are unable to determine that with pictures. You need to ask those questions to your PS performing your surgery,.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Breast asymmetry after augmentation

+1

Just based on photos, your left side appears to be ok. I don't see evidence of bottoming out on the left. I think you may have natural descend of breast/implant on the left side due to time/pregnancy/gravity. Your right side shows typical capsular contracture. I think your current surgeon has a solid plan for you. 

Best Wishes,

Stewart Wang, MD FACS, Wang Plastic Surgery

Stewart Wang, MD, FACS

Symmetry can be difficult to obtain operating on only one breast

+1

I would be sure to discuss with your surgeon the options if he is unable to obtain symmetry with the left breast by removing the capsule.  I always consent patients to operate on both breasts in case it is necessary to obtain symmetry.

W. Tracy Hankins, MD

Bottoming Out of Breast Implant?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Based on your description and posted photographs, I think your plastic surgeon has made a good diagnosis and treatment plan for you.  I do not appreciate any significant implant displacement on your left side.

Best wishes with your upcoming procedure.

BA CC??

+1

Yes, this appears to be a classic appearance for capsular contracture of the right breast following breast augmentation. The left breast appears in good position.  I tend to agree with your surgeons approach. Best,

Gary R Culbertson, MD, FACS

Gary R. Culbertson, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Right Breast Capsular Contracture

+1

The right breast appears to have capsular contracture, but an exam is needed to confirm this.  The left breast in the final image appears to be in the correct location without bottoming out.

Capsular contracture

+1

you appear to have capsular contracture of the right breast. Unless you are exchanging both implants for a different shape and make leave the left side alone.

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Left looks fine

+1

Your left breast looks fine while your right does look like it has a capsular contacture. It's challenging to get both breast perfectly symmetrical, so doing as little as possible to the left while you try to get the right to match it is wiser than manipulating both of them. After all, the right is the problem, not the the left, so leave the left alone and fix the right. 

Armin Moshyedi, MD
Bethesda Plastic Surgeon