St John's Wart While on Accutane?

I am on Accutane and cannot motivate myself to get back into my active lifestyle. I have no drive whatsoever. Could I take St John's wart while on Accutane to help improve my mood and drive?

Taking Accutane and St John's Wort together is not recommended

+1

Both Accutane and St John's Wort cause the skin to be more light sensitive.  Together they can cause a severe phototoxic reaction. So this combination is not recommended.

The question is did these mood changes start while on Accutane?  There is no evidence of Accutane causing depression but it can cause changes in mood.  You should discuss this with both the doctor who prescribes your Accutane and possible with a psychologist or social worker.

Short Hills Dermatologic Surgeon