Squishing Radiesse Hump On Nose Not Working- What To Do?

My doctor tried to fill a small gap on the upper third of my nose with Rasiesse and it left a huge hump that surfaced after 2 weeks! The doctor squished it with pressure from his finger and told me to do the same if it should resurface. It resurfaced, same hump, I squish it, and it comes back after a few minutes! It's been a month already and I'm still constantly playing around with my nose! What's going on and what can I do???

+2

Regarding: "My doctor tried to fill a small gap on the upper third of my nose with Rasiesse and it left a huge hump that surfaced after 2 weeks! The doctor squished it with pressure from his finger and told me to do the same if it should resurface. It resurfaced, same hump, I squish it, and it comes back after a few minutes! It's been a month already and I'm still constantly playing around with my nose! What's going on and what can I do???"

While ANY doctor can practice cosmetic surgery, for your own good you should go to doctors who are board certified in the field (Plastic Surgery, Facial/ENT) because they are also trained to care for the complication of cosmetic surgery. Injecting fillers and Botox and firing a laser can be done by a pre-pubescent teen ager - knowing who to treat with what modalities, doing it with experience and being able to handle the complications occasionally seen with such procedures is the reason you should see a REAL Plastic Surgeon.

Without a photograph or an examination it is impossible to advise you on what is specifically the situation in your case. But it sounds as if you suffered either an infection or fluid collection. Compressing it is not the solution. The fluid needs to be aspirated using sterile technique and sent for microbiological smear and culture. If your doctor cannot do it, you may want to consult a second opinion.

Peter A Aldea, MD

+1

Squishing Radiesse Hump On Nose Not Working- What To Do?  Best is to just wait until the radiesse resolves on its own and then try something thinner like Perlane, Juvederm or Restylane if you want to try another filler.

Lump on the nasal bridge following Radiesse treatment could be fluid collection, infection or too much Radiesse.

+1

Lump on the nasal bridge following Radiesse treatment could be fluid collection, infection or too much Radiesse. It is impossible to say without photos or evaluating you in person. It does not sound like this represent infection. Radiesse is a fabulous product but one limitation of this product is that it cannot be "dissolved" unlike the hyaluronic acid fillers. Your body will resorb Radiesse and replace it with collagen but the fill can last up to 12 months or more. If your problem is the placement of too much product it would be hard to "move around" with massage at this point. There are options to surgically remove Radiesse if necessary but you'll want to discuss that in person with an experienced plastic or facial plastic surgeon.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Radiesse and bump on nose

+1

Bumps can occur after Radiesse especially if the product is placed superficially.  My suggestion is that you return to whomever injected you so that he or she can reevaluate the area.  If there is no redness or tenderness, there is probably no infection present, but that needs to be checked.  If there is no infection, I would try injecting the area with a very dilute cortisone solution.

Sheri G. Feldman, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologist