Since Having Squint Surgery As an Adult my Eye Seemed to Have Moved Down my Face?

I had squint surgery at age 42. I seemed to develop a squint as an adult as I didn't have it as a child. However, since I had the surgery my eyelid is droppy and the position of my eye has moved down my face. what could have caused this and is there anything I can do to help it. My eye doctor has I could see an ocuplastic surgeon. Any help is appreciated. Ruby

Post Eyelid Surgery Reactions

+1

Thank you for your question. I would recommend seeing both an Oculoplastic and Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for a consult, and evaluation of options. I hope this helps.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

+1

Hi Ruby

It is hard to comment without a Photograph. A droopy eyelid is common after some eye surgery due to the over stretching of the muscle that opens the upper eyelid. I cannot comment on the position of your eye moving down. It may be the appearance of the droopy eyelid giving an illusion of the position changes or you may have had a subtle eye socket asymmetry that is now made visible. Your eye doctor has guided you well.

Hope this helps

Naveen Somia, MBBS, PhD, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon