Square Face and Wider Jaw After Sculptra? What Can I Do?

I had a 1/2 vial sculptra injected 9 days ago in the lateral cheeks and Jawline. I wanted to lift the jawline and achieve a rounder youthfull look or shape, but now my face looks totally square with broad heavy angled jaw (very masculine). I do not like the look (older and more masculine). Is this going to be the result? Was injected too much in Jawline? Will I get even bigger around the jaw? can I do something to still remodel results ( inject saline to make sculptra spread away from jaw area)

Sculptra

+1

A 1/2 vial is a small amount to see much difference and it has only been 9 days since the treatment.  It takes a few months to see the results of Sculptra.  I would recommend that you see your physician to address your concerns.  

Sculptra is unlikely to have caused the excess facial volume

+1

Sculptra is generally injected into a deep plane to stimulate gradual production of natural collagen and improve volume in the targetted region. It works slowly over several months. It is virtually impossible that 1/2 vial of sculptra injected 9 days ago would cause what you are describing. I would suggest reviewing uour before treatment pictures with your physician. Excess jaw muscle is a chronic condition due to masseter muscle hypertrophy.

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Brookline Facial Plastic Surgeon

Slimming Jaw for Square Face

+1

A wide jaw line and square face is normally due to excess jaw muscles and bone, but may also be due to fat and salivary gland tissue. Botox Cosmetic has been used to narrow or reduce the jaw line to create a more oval or feminine face.

Scultpra typically takes a couple months to visualize results. It's unlikely to be contributing to your symptoms after only 9 days. However, only after a comprehensive evaluation can a plastic surgeon or dermatologist help determine appropriate options for you. Best of luck.

Dr. Chaboki

Houtan Chaboki, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Wider jaw after Sculptra

+1

It would be unusual to see a noticeable change 9 days after a Sculptra injection. It usually takes 3-4 weeks to start seeing results. I would re-visit the physician who treated you. They may be able to provide pre-treatment photos for comparison.

Ryan Greene, MD, PhD
Fort Lauderdale Facial Plastic Surgeon

Sculptra and Jawline and Squareface

+1

Sculptra can be used to achieve a rounder more youthful look.  I have never seen it act so quickly.  Usually it takes at least 3-4 weeks to begin to see a result and then it continues to stimulate collagen over 3-6 months.  I would not do anything at this point but wait.  If in a few months you are not happy with the result then talk to your injector about what might be needed.  Also 1/2 vial is not that much unless you are very young and have a strong collagen response. 

Janet M. Neigel, MD
West Orange Oculoplastic Surgeon