I Am a Week out from TT, Lipo and BA. I Am Nervous and Don't Know Why. How to Calm Down?

I am having TT,Lipo, BA in a week. I haven't been nervous that much... Really excited and still am. I'm not sure why I'm nervous or what I'm nervous about. What do you tell your pts to calm their nerves? And make them more confident everything should go ok? Please help, I have an anxiety disorder so it makes this that much worse! Thank you

Preoperative Nerves Normal

+1

A small amount of nervousness is normal before an operation.  You are not alone.  With a pre-existing anxiety disorder, you may benefit from a mild anti-anxiety medication before surgery.  Further counseling is unlikely to ease your anxiety at this point.  All the best!

Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Anxiety

+1

I think it is always a good idea to check with the physician that treats your anxiety disorder to make sure this is an appropriate response to the stress of upcoming surgery.

Jeff Scott, MD
Everett Plastic Surgeon

Stress and anxiety following cosmetic surgery

+1

I think that you answered your own question.  You have an underlying anxiety disorder and the medications and stress after surgery certainly exacerbate your condition.  If you have a psychiatrist that helps you then a visit to adjust your medications during this time will be beneficial.  Get help before it gets out of control.  

I Am Nervous and Don't Know Why. How to Calm Down?

+1

It is not unusual to have some anxiety as surgery approaches. A call to your surgeon might allay this some. Otherwise, a call to whomever helps manage your anxiety disorder. All the best. 

Cosmetic Surgery is an Art and a Science

+1

Thanks for the question. Your anxiety is normal and may not last much longer. Keep your eyes on the result and discuss your concerns with your surgeon..Dr Thomas Narsete

Thomas A. Narsete, MD
Greenwood Village Plastic Surgeon