I had a rhinoplasty and deviated septum surgery on March 18th and my nose is still crooked. Why does the shape always change?

My rhinoplasty and deviated septum procedure was on March 18th. I am very concerned because my nose still looks crooked and I am not happy. I originally had a very crooked nose and a septum that would not let me breathe. They did some tip revision and removed a bump on my nose (bone). However it still looks crooked and I'm worried that it will be permanent. Will it ever look like the nose that I want?

+1
It is always difficult to assess the final result so early in the healing process.  Your surgeon can provide you with the best information.

Crooked nose after a rhinoplasty

+1
This is really a question for your plastic surgeon.  The key to a straight nose is a straight septum.  Only your plastic surgeon knows the extent to which your septal deviation contributed to your crooked nose. 

Revision rhinoplasty

+1
Thank you for your question.  Rhinoplasty can be a very challenging operation.  Unfortunately, I would say that if your operation was in March and it looks crooked now, it is unlikely to get straighter on its own.  Rhinoplasty can be very complex and nuanced.  It would impossible for anyone to ascertain what exactly is wrong and needs to be done from the limited information provided in this forum.  The best advice that I can give you is that if you are unhappy, first talk to your surgeon about it.  If the two of you don't come to a mutually agreeable plan and understanding, then get a consult with someone else.  Make sure you see someone who is well respected, has excellent training, and very experienced in revision rhinoplasty.  You should avoid revision for another 6 months, so you have some time to digest everything and make a well informed decision.

Sirius K. Yoo, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon