1yr 1 Month Post Tummy Tuck?

So its been one year since i had my full tummy tuck.. without lipo as the doctor said i didnt need it.And the results i have today are not what i expected.I am still bigger then i was before surgery my sides are unbelieveable nasty :( i need some advice on what is the best thing to do to get rid of my sides :( please

You need liposuction on the sides

+2

Every tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) I have ever done includes some component of liposuction. This is very important to "fake" and shape/contour the "sides" and shape the flanks around the lower torso. When Liposuction is not done, what you have is very typical.  This is easily corrected... You need to have the anterior and posterior flanks (sides and love handle area) liposuctioned and this can be done as an outpatient procedure with a more rapid recovery than you likely had before.  I hope this helps!

Sincerely,

James F. Boynton, M.D., F.A.C.S.

Excesses after a tummy tuck

+1

can happen, depending on what you discussed with your surgeon during your initial consultation.  Good surgeons evaluate adjacent areas to better educate you on what you are seeking and the ability to meet that goal.  Limited surgeons will simply let you tell them what you want and only do that and nothing else.  I hope your surgeon discussed with you the options you had for your flanks and 'love handles' while discussing the tummy tuck.  Finally I am assuming your weight is at or below what it was before you had your surgery because if you gained a bunch of weight since surgery, you cannot criticize results until your weight is at your pre-op weight. 

Curtis Wong, MD

Fullness on the sides after a tummy tuck

+1

When a tummy tuck is performed, there can be a noticeable transition point on the sides from the "tummy tucked area" to the "non-tummy tucked area".  The best way to hide this is with a little bit of liposuction at the time of the tummy tuck.  Alternatively a small extension of the tummy tuck scar can help as well.  At this point, judging from your photos, I think both maneuvers would be needed.  Good luck.

Sacha Obaid, MD

1yr 1 Month Post Tummy Tuck?

+1

I can certainly see on your photos the area that causes dissatisfaction  Without some add views (side and back) I am not sure what would be the best correction. 

The easiest would be liposuction to the flanks and around to the back.

What I am not getting a sense of is the amount of skin excess, so on the list of possibilities would be extending the incisions around the back as a "belt lipectomy" or "lower body lift."

Best advice--see your surgeon to discuss the problem areas and the possible fixes.

Thanks and best wishes. 

Liposuction after tummy tuck

+1

You are not likely to see any improvement at this point with the tummy tuck healing process. It appears as if you have some redundant tissue above the hips on both sides that would respond well to liposuction. If you have been unable to see much results with diet and exercise, flank and lower back liposuction would be my recommendation. 

William T. Stoeckel, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction to improve tummy tuck results

+1

Liposuction can be used to improve results of tummy tucks that are less than perfect by reducing new fat tissue accumulation, residual fat tissue from incomplete reduction, or lymphatic swelling.

Mario Diana, MD
Plano Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction after Tummy Tuck

+1

Based on your pictures, I think that you could have a nice result with liposuction. Discuss this with your plastic surgeon. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Lipo and Tummy Tuck

+1

Without before pictures, it is impossible for us to commend on your results.  Lipo can be used with tummy tuck, but should be individualized to the patient in terms of cosmetic need and also safety.  If you are not happy with your results, you should discuss this with your surgeon.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

1yr Post Tummy Tuck? I am unhappy

+1

Many thanks for the question. It would have been better for me to comment If you would have posted at least one before surgery picture. Having said that you need good liposuction on your flanks and in fact all over abdomen to come in shape. I normally combine TT with Lipo since almost 90 % of my patients have a good deal of fat on tummy in Dubai and without lipo only TT is most ineffective surgery in such patients. I also treat my scar until they heal well and look good and I am not sure if you treated your scars at all

Ashok Govila, FRCS, MCh, MS
Dubai Plastic Surgeon