Do you think I would have good results from a full TT? I'm 5'3", 173LBS after weight loss (Photo)

I've lost 40lbs and I'm approximately 20lbs away from my goal weight (which I plan on losing before my surgery). I'm 5'5'' and 173lbs. I've had 2 C-sections ┬Čiced a considerable difference in the elasticity of my abdominal area. When I lay flat on my back, I feel a big "dip"/"gap" between my abdominal muscles. I've been working out and joined WW 6 months ago. I've been consistent in my weight loss, but as hard as I try to "tone" my mid-section, the pannus just won't go away!

Tummy tuck after weight-loss

+1
Thank you for your question and photo.

It appears that you have enough excess skin and lax abdominal muscles to benefit from a full-tummy tuck. In order to help you maintain your weight, I recommend undergoing a tummy tuck with Mesh. The mesh is typically used to repair hernias in the abdominal wall. After pregnancy, the same occurs, but on a larger scale. The Mesh reinforces the weakened abdominal wall and acts as an internal girdle that helps stabilize and maintain your new current weight. 

Congratulations on your healthier lifestyle choice.

Gary Horndeski MD

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Do you think I would have good results from a full TT? I'm 5'3", 173LBS after weight loss

+1
A very  generalized question so the response is YES, BUT! I never have in person examined you so very hard to be accurate... 

Candidate for tummy tuck

+1
Congratulations my only cost. Thank you for your picture. I think will be an excellent candidate for a tummy tuck. Once you've reached your weight-loss go consult with several board-certified plastic surgeons.

Good luck.

Earl Stephenson Jr MD DDS FACS

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

+1
A tummy tuck (with muscle repair) with liposuction of the flanks would produce the best result.

Find a plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of tummy tucks each year, has great reviews, and has great before and after pictures.

Tummy tuck candidate?

+1
Once you are within 10 pounds of your ideal weight, you would appear to be an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck and liposuction of selective areas.

Following the advice of anyone who would presume to tell you what to do based on two dimensional photos without taking a full medical history, examining you, feeling and assessing your tissue tone, discussing your desired outcome and fully informing you about the pros and cons of each option would not be in your best interest. Find a plastic surgeon that you are comfortable with and one that you trust and listen to his or her advice. The surgeon should be certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS). You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck Candidate

+1
You are an excellent candidate for a tummy tuck. You have lost a significant amount of weight, you have fairly good qulaity skin and you appear to be highly motivated. You should certainly get to a livable weight that is stable prior to the procedure.

John P. Stratis, MD
Harrisburg Plastic Surgeon

Your a good candidate for a tummy tuck

+1
congratulations on your weight loss that is fantastic.  Next

Based on your photograph it looks as though you have significant loose skin after your weight loss.

This should make you an excellent candidate for a tummy tuck.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Lipo and TT

+1
Thank you for the picture.

I believe that you'll make a great candidate for a tummy tuck with liposuction the the waist, upper and lower back and perhaps a little at grafting to the buttocks.

Dr. Campos

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Yes, TT is a good option.

+1
You are on the right track with weight loss.  And unfortunately as you have noted, the pannus won't go away.  An abdominoplasty trades a scar for removal of the skin, which may work out quite nicely for you based on your photograph.  Good luck.

Thomas A. Pane, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

+1
No question you are a very good candidate for a full/extended tummy tuck and you will be quite happy with the outcome.  Please make sure you are under the care of an experienced Board-Certified plastic surgeon who can show you sample photos of different types of tummy tuck and you will feel comfortable with him/her.

Ruben B. Abrams, MD, FACS