Spreader Grafts in Revision -part 3

Thanks for your suggestions. I just wonder if this can be fixed without using a spreader graft? My nose is so wide now I think it looks horrible. The last surgery was a revision and the doctor widened it. I just was never told my appearance was going to change that much. He said it would be a little wider. It really looks unbelievably ugly. I haven't heard the best reviews about some of the doctors mentioned in this area. Are you aware of any others, otherwise, do you specialize?

Spreader grafts

+1

Revisional rhinoplasty is challenging and requires a great deal of patience on your part.  You have now had several surgeries and I really believe you will need over a year to let everything settle down and heal.  After that ask several plastic surgeons to recommend several surgeons, besides themselves, to do another revision.  You should get a good idea from those referrals and then interview two or three.

All the best,m

Talmage J. Raine MD FACS

Spreader Grafts in Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

I don't know anyone who specializes in spreader grafts, but there are many excellent revision rhinoplasty surgeons in Chicago. You should not have problems finding a good experienced surgeon.

Spreader Grafts and Nasal Width

+1

The art of rhinoplasty involves combining the functional aspects of the surgery (breathing) with the aesthetic aspects (a straight, proportionate and balanced nose) and applying these principles to the wide variety seen in an individual's nasal anatomy.  I would recommend that you seek several consultations with Board Certified Plastic Surgeons.

Daniel Reichner, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Spreader grafts part 3.

+1

You need to research the board-certified (American Board of Plastic Surgery) plastic surgeons in your area, or wherever you wish to have your surgery performed. All of the doctors on this site are allowed to post only in their areas of training, so you won't see and ENT surgeon discussing abdominoplasty, for example.

You can also call the America Society of Plastic Surgeons or the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons for information about board-certified surgeons in you city. Then do your homework, make some consultations, and ask questions about how long and how many rhinoplasties each prospective surgeon has done. You will probably get a "good feel" or and "uncomfortable one" which will help guide you in your choices.

Of course, you need to discuss spreader grafts vs. septal centralization and partial inferior turbinectomy/turbinoplasty, and what each surgeon believes and practices. This is done at a consultation, not online. Good luck!

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon