Is It Okay to Spray/airbrush Tan Two Weeks After Having a Rhinoplasty?

Spray tan

+2

I don't like my rhinoplasty patients to do anything "chemical" on their skin for at least one month. Stick to moisturizers and gentle cleansers only for now.

West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Spray tan after rhinoplasty

+2

although spray tanning should be OK, every situation is unique and only your rhinoplasty surgeon knows the specific details of your procedure and should be the person commenting on post-operative questions such as this

Sam Naficy, MD

Spay Tan after Rhinoplasty

+1

If you had a closed rhinoplasty, then there is likely no reason not to have a spray tan.  If you had an open rhinoplasty, then you may want to check with your surgeon before having the tan or use something to protect the incision during the tanning process.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

Spray tan after rhinoplasty

+1

Hi Marsienars. Always check with your surgeon regarding postoperative care and instructions. In general, 2 weeks after surgery, makeup application or spray tan should not present a problem. No irritants or chemicals should be allowed to enter the nose. To be extra cautious, I typically advise patients to wait until 4 weeks before using spray tan products. Good luck.

James M. Pearson, MD

Spray/Airbrush Tan 2 Weeks after Rhinoplasty

+1

As long as your post-op course has been normal, you should not have any problems with a spray tan 2 weeks after your rhinoplasty. Clear this with your surgeon.

+1

If you will have to wear goggles, then it may be too soon to have this. It may affect the nasal bones. We ask our patients not to wear glasses for several weeks.

Mohsen Tavoussi, MD, DO
Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Spray Tan or Makeup after Rhinoplasty

+1

Most incisions are fully healed within a week of rhinoplasty making it safe to use makeup or spray tan.  I would, of course, check with your surgeon as he or she is most knowledgeable about the procedure they performed and your healing rate. 

James C. Marotta, MD
Long Island Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

In my practice I request the patient to wait 4 weeks following rhinoplasty. Swelling is still present and possible skin issue could occur. 

Make-up and spray tanning after rhinoplasty

+1

After the dressing and cast is removed after a rhinoplasty it is usually okay to apply makeup or spray tan over the nose.  However, it is always good to double check with your surgeon to be sure.

Adam Hamawy, MD
Princeton Plastic Surgeon