Why has my sprained ankle swollen up 5 days after liposuction of upper body? (Photo)

I sprained my right ankle a month before surgery and it had healed mostly (no more swelling) a week before i did the lipo. 5 days post op, my right ankle has swelled up tremendously with no pain. Should i be worried about this? What can i do to alleviate the ankle swelling.. Liposuction areas are the abdomen, flanks, back and arms. Thanks!!

Swollen ankle 5 days after liposuction of upper body

+2
Although 5 days is a bit early for it, the most important thing not to miss here is a deep vein thrombosis on the swollen side. Apart from this, you probably don't need to worry too much and the swelling will settle on its own over time.

London Plastic Surgeon

Why has my sprained ankle swollen up 5 days after liposuction of upper body?

+2
Could be swelling re occurring or something else. Best to obtain a X-ray and/or scan of your ankle.. 

Aggravation of a sprained ankle after liposuction should be examined by your surgeon.

+2
There are lots of reasons why areas remote from liposuction can swell after the procedure. However significant asymmetry of the ankles should be examined to make sure there is not deep vein thrombosis on the larger leg.