Spot Treatment For Age Spots Using Fraxel - Discloration?

Will using fraxel for spot removal of age spots (just have 2-3 on face that bother me) leave the small treated area discolored (ie lighter) than the rest of my facial untreated skin? I do not want to get the full face fraxel...just want age spot removal (or reduction). And will one treatment do the trick? Thanks

Isolated Age Spot Treatment

+1

If you have only two or three isolated age spots, it may be easier for you to have the Yag laser.  Fraxel is wonderful in that it treats the entire texture of the face.  It treats fine lines and areas of uneven skin color and pigmentation. If you only have these 2 brown spots then it would be easier for you to have the Yag.  Remember to use sunblock daily after treatment. 

Treating age spots with Fraxel and other treatment options

+1

Isolated brown spot laser Q switch Alexandrite may be a better option and more cost effective laser. Test spot would be done for color  match.Fraxel® laser technology can be used to remove age spots; however, it is generally used for full face Fraxel®. Since you only want a couple spots removed full Fraxel® may not be your best option.  During a consultation with a board certified dermatologist, they will be able to determine the best treatment plan for you. Typically, Fraxel® treatments consist of 3 to 5 sessions, spaced about 2 to 4 weeks apart.  Fraxel® Laser has a very limited risk of scarring and common side effects include swelling and redness that subside within a day or two. There are other options for treating age spots including chemical peels, microdermabrasion, Allumera® photodynamic therapy, and topical creams. Discuss with your physician to decide which treatment method will best suit you.

Atlanta Dermatologic Surgeon

Treating age spots when there are only a few spots

+1

Alex laser is a good option for isolated dark spots. Fraxel is typically a full face process and would be more expensive since there is a tip cost involved.

Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon

Treating age spots with IPL

+1

I would recommend Melaquin PM skin cream followed by one or two rounds of IPL treatment to correct your age spots.  Works well...no downtime. Surgery90210

Spot treatment

+1

it depends on the spots

usually treating the entire aesthetic unit is preferable to avoid visible white spots but occasionally spot treatment is beneficial

Elkton Facial Plastic Surgeon

Spot with Frxel Resore Dual Laser is possible if the rest of your skin is fairly light.

+1

It is possible to spot treat with the Fraxel Restore Dual 1927nm laser if the surrounding skin is fairly light, otherwise spot treatment could leave a visible white spot.

Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

Fraxel is a better full face treatment

+1
Fraxel is better for full face treatments than for spot treatments. What I would use depends on your skin type. If you just have two or three spots and fair skin, the alexandrite laser or spot peels can be really useful. Also, not all spots are the same. A good dermatologist or plastic surgeon will know what to do after examining you Sometimes a full face treatment AND spot treatments give the best results
Los Gatos Plastic Surgeon