Spot in Skin Graft 11 Weeks After Mohs Surgery, What Is This?

My graft to me has been healing well, today however there is a sl spot in the graft,it looks like a blood type spot

Spots in healing skin after Mohs skin cancer surgery.

+2

Your picture is actually quite helpful. It appears the dark red spot is something like a deep pimple in the skin graft. That happens occasionally and is nothing to worry about. It may take a month or so to go away. 

No special treatment is generally necessary. I am sure you have a follow up appointment scheduled. You should be okay unless it gets larger or you develop signs of infection in which case you should call for an earlier check-up.

Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon