Which is Better for Spot Reduction of Fat - Zeltiq or Ultrashape?

Slim, with stubborn abdominal fats and love handles

UltraShape for non-invasive body contouring

Thank you for your question. I recommend patients interested in non-invasive body contouring technologies to UltraShape for a few reasons. UltraShape is a painfree, non-invasive procedure for the removal of diet and exercise resistant fat. It is done in a series of 3 treatments scheduled 2-4 weeks apart. UltraShape has more flexibility to customize treatment zones. I recommend you meet with a qualified physician in your area for a full consultation.

60 East 56th Street
New York, NY 10022

Best treatment for spot reduction of fat

When it comes to the stubborn areas such as the abdominal area, love handles, flanks and thighs I recommend UltraShape. It works by sending ultrasound energy (not thermal energy or heat, which is the technique used by many lasers) to targeted fat within the subcutaneous layer, which lies deep in the skin. There, this ultrasound energy vibrates or shakes the fat cells until they fall apart and are liquefied, thereby selectively destroying these fat cells. The disintegrated fat cells then pass through the liver. So your body processes it just like you ate a fatty meal, and it’s excreted naturally as waste.There is no damage to the surrounding skin or tissues. No anesthesia or sedation is necessary. The treatment is completely painless.
Patients experience visible body shaping—with no significant bruising, swelling, or any discomfort. And because the fat cells are eliminated, long-term results can be maintained (provided patients stick to their healthy diet and exercise regimen).

Dennis Gross, MD

900 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10021

Ultrashape vs other non-surgical techniques including Zeltiq and CoolSculpt

For patients interested in a non surgical method to slim their profiles due to external ( different than the fat accumulated within the abdominal cavity or "peritoneal" fat )  fat deposits and bulges UltraShape and Zeltiq (fat freezing technique) both work.

UltraShape treatment has no discomfort and is usually side effect free.

Victor Michalak, MD
Issaquah Dermatologic Surgeon

295 NE Gilman Blvd
Issaquah, WA 98027

UltraShape vs CoolSculpt

I recommend Ultrashape for a number of reasons:

CoolSculpt (Zeltiq) is older technology. It works, but there is often discomfort reported with the treatment, it takes more sessions, the applicator paddles do not fit all body parts or shapes, there can be bruising,  numbness and paresthesias (unpleasant sensations) afterwards that usually go away with time. I have seen some ridges above the applicators of untreated fat that now must be addressed.

In contrast UltraShape has none of these limitiations. UltraShape is a non invasive, non painful, quick procedure with no downtime for mild to moderate fat reduction whereas liposuction is invasive and reserved for more aggressive fat removal. UltraShape® is a non-surgical treatment option that instantly and selectively breaks down fat cells in the targeted area/s, as well as tightens the skin. The targeted fat cells are released through the body’s natural metabolic processes. The treatment is performed in-office and requires no needles, incisions or anesthesia. There is minimal discomfort during the treatment and no bruising, swelling or downtime afterwards. Essentially a “walk-in, walk-out” 45 minute procedure. UltraShape® can be used to contour: Flanks, Abdomen and Thighs

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

3991 MacArthur Boulevard
Newport Beach, CA 92660

UltraShape for abdominal fat and love handles

UltraShape body contour is very effective in permanently removing abdominal fat and love handles.  Usually 3 treatments are performed, 2 to 4 weeks apart.  I always recommend a healthy diet and exercise to maintain the results.  Patients are very happy with UltraShape treatment.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

1849 Yonge Street
Toronto, ON M4S 1Y2

Coolsculpting VS. Ultrashape for spot fat reduction

We are fortunate enough to have both these technologies in our office. We perform a number of body contouring treatments in our office every week. We never take a "cookie cutter" approach to treating any one body. We decide on the treatment plan based on the patients weight and fat distribution, the integrity of the skin and the desired outcome. We also consider what the other problem areas are, and what the patient will focus on "once that bulge is gone." For quite a few of the patients seeking fat reduction there is also an issue with skin laxity. Once we remove or reduce the unwanted fat the skin laxity remains so we address that at the same time to enhance the outcome. 

Consultation should always be the first step in the process, we can assess and help you prioritize the treatment areas so you can have the best result possible

Deborah Atkin, MD
Del Mar Dermatologic Surgeon

12865 Pointe Del Mar Way
Del Mar, CA 92014

CoolSculpting vs. UltraShape

The right treatment will vary depending on the person, which is why it is important to have an in-person consultation with a board-certified doctor. Generally, love handles respond best to Coolsculpting and abdomen fat is usually well suited for UltraShape. 

Margaret Weiss, MD
Baltimore Dermatologic Surgeon

54 Scott Adam Road
Baltimore, MD 21030

Coolsculpting is choice for spot fat reduction.

The best thing out there that is non invasive is Coolsculpting by Zeltiq for spot fat reduction. It focuses right on the problem area and predictably reduces the fat layer by 20 to 25% with a single treatment.  I have not seen any other treatment that can do that.

Susan Van Dyke, MD
Paradise Valley Dermatologic Surgeon

5206 N Scottsdale Rd
Paradise Valley, AZ 85253

Zeltiq is the way to go

Zeltiq has more scientific evidence supporting that it is effective. Consistently, patients have 20-25% reduction in the areas of fat that are treated. I would invest your time and money in Zeltiq. Furthermore, 30,000 + patients have been treated thus far, and most seem to be happy.

Mohiba Khan Tareen, MD
Minneapolis Dermatologic Surgeon

1835 West County Road C
Roseville, MN 55113

Zeltiq Coolsculpt and UltraShape Fat Reduction

UltraShape and Zeltiq Coolsculpting are different technologies to reduce circumferential fat.  The systems work very differently to destroy fat.  One of the main differences is that Coolsculpting is using cooling for fat destruction whereas, UltraShape uses non-thermal, selective ultrasound to permanently destroy fat cells.

Craig Mezrow, MS, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

225 E. City Avenue
Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004