Why do I have a bump near my rhinoplasty incision 9 weeks post op?

hello. ı had a rhinoplasty before 9 weeks. I recognize a small spot swelling or something hard like bone in the area that my nose has been cut .I mean downward of the nose . (Sorry for bad english). could it be the change of bones because of light hits or isthat swelling that gathered in small spot area that will go off with time. It become noticeable when ı smile , the skin get tight ? ım very nervous thanks

Bump after rhinoplasty

+1
It appears that you might be referring to the columellar scar. If you can feel a bump it is ok as it is usually normal scar tissue. However, if you can easily see a bump, then it needs correction with steroid injections (kenalog) and if that does not work then revision of the scar. 
Regards
Dr. J
Disclaimer: This answer is not intended to give a medical opinion and does not substitute for medical advice. The information presented in this posting is for patients’ education only. As always, I encourage you to see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1
Thank you for your question. After a rhinoplasty it can take several months for the scar to mature and for the swelling to subside. You may not realize the final shape of your nose for up to 12 months after surgery. It is too soon in your convalescence to determine the final shape of your nose. Give the scar time to mature. I recommend that you follow up with your plastic surgeon to discuss your concerns.

Wesley T. Myers, MD
Conroe Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

+1
Accurate answer needs close exam and evaluation, but usually people 2-3 months after surgery feel the scar tissue like hard ball which over the time gets better. 

Ali Totonchi, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon