Best Sports Bra/bra for Daytime After Lift/augmentation? (photo)

I had a breast lift and augmentation six weeks ago. I am comfortable in an underwire during the day but have heard that they cause the breast to square off. I would like to wear a sports bra during the day when possible but my concern is they seem to flatten the breast. Is there a specific brand or type that you would recommend. I am a 34 DDD as of right now. Thanks!

Best Sports Bra?

+1
Dear m,
Thank you for your post. I am very protective of my patients with augmentations who are runners. I recommend that they buy the athleta underwire sports bra with the front straps. My patients really like this bra for running and find that it holds them very stable. Some patients use an additional regular sports bra on top of this for extra security. Using a regular sports bra that just compresses the breast together rather than cups that keep their shape can cause flattening of the breasts especially in the early post operative period and wearing a bra that doesn't have enough support, especially when running or any bouncing type activity, can cause bottoming out or stretching of the breasts.
Pablo Prichard, MD

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Best Sports Bra/bra for Daytime After Lift/augmentation

+1

Best to ask this of your surgeon. Usually any comfortable sports bra will do. I would have no problem with an underwire. Since it is giving support at the fold, it should not be harmful, though it may be oncomfortable to some because of the incision.

All the best. 

What Bra to Wear After Breast Surgery?

+1

This may be a good question to ask your surgeon as he/she knows your history the best.  I would normally recommend a well fitted, soft sports bra at this point in your recovery. I do not think the brand will make a difference.

Best Bra After Breast Lift with Implants

+1

This is a better question for your surgeon, but in most cases, six weeks after surgery, a well-fitted sports bra should be fine. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Sports bra after augmentation and lift

+1

I would suggest that you speak with your plastic surgeon about his or her preferences for bras post-surgery -- each plastic surgeon may have different recommendations and preferences.  I usually suggest that my patients get a sports bra with separate cups that opens in the front (it's usually easier to get on and off if it has a front opening).  Good luck!

Anureet K. Bajaj, MD
Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon