Best Sports Bra/bra for Daytime After Lift/augmentation? (photo)

I had a breast lift and augmentation six weeks ago. I am comfortable in an underwire during the day but have heard that they cause the breast to square off. I would like to wear a sports bra during the day when possible but my concern is they seem to flatten the breast. Is there a specific brand or type that you would recommend. I am a 34 DDD as of right now. Thanks!

Best Sports Bra/bra for Daytime After Lift/augmentation

+1

Best to ask this of your surgeon. Usually any comfortable sports bra will do. I would have no problem with an underwire. Since it is giving support at the fold, it should not be harmful, though it may be oncomfortable to some because of the incision.

All the best. 

What Bra to Wear After Breast Surgery?

+1

This may be a good question to ask your surgeon as he/she knows your history the best.  I would normally recommend a well fitted, soft sports bra at this point in your recovery. I do not think the brand will make a difference.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastLiftAug.htm

Best Bra After Breast Lift with Implants

+1

This is a better question for your surgeon, but in most cases, six weeks after surgery, a well-fitted sports bra should be fine. 

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Sports bra after augmentation and lift

+1

I would suggest that you speak with your plastic surgeon about his or her preferences for bras post-surgery -- each plastic surgeon may have different recommendations and preferences.  I usually suggest that my patients get a sports bra with separate cups that opens in the front (it's usually easier to get on and off if it has a front opening).  Good luck!

Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon