Sports Bra After Explant?

My surgeon mentioned he wants me to wear a sports bra right after the explant surgery in a few weeks. I've been looking at post-op photos. Looks like many people are in white casing/dressing and not sports bras. What is recommended? I have 230cc silicone in my pre-op AAA breasts and would like to explant soon. Thank you in advance!

Bra or Dressings after Removal of Breast Implants?

+1

Always best to follow your own plastic surgeon's advise/protocol ( will vary from one practice to another). Remember that he/she is ultimately responsible for your care.

Breast implant removal recovery

+1

Compression is recommended after breast implant removal.  I would switch to a sports bra after about a week after explantation. 

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Proper bra after explantation.

+1

Our office has the patient wear the surgery bra and then switch to a sports bra after that.  We are looking for uniform support and compression.

Jeffrey Roth, MD

Bra choice after explantation

+1

Every doctor has his preference. I usually have my patients wear a sports bra, but some surgeons prefere surgical bras.

Bra

+1

the type of bra you wear after surgery is a personal choice. as long as it is not constricting or too tight and provides support and coverage anything will do.

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Sports Bra After Explant?

+1

Surgeons often do things differently, and your best bet is to follow your own surgeon's recommendations. As usual, there is no right way. If there were, it would be the only way.

Thanks for your question, best wishes for an uneventful recovery.