Spongy Nose Eight Months After Rhinoplasty? (photo)

Hi, I had an open rhinoplasty eight months ago to remove a visible hump. Now am really glad to see my smooth concave profile. But my nose has become and looks so much more wider (than before) when seen from the front.It looks spongy and huge Also the tip has become much bigger than previously. Is this something to be worried about? Will my nose get back to its old narrow look sans bump? I have heard it takes more time to become narrow but I can feel something hard and bony when I touch the sides.

Rhinoplasty surgery recovery

+1

Dear grapes1986,

• It sounds like you have a lot of questions that need to be answered
  • Your surgeon knows exactly what he did and where things should be
  • If you are not happy, then you can also get a second opinion

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Resolution of swelling after rhinoplasty can take months.

+1

The photographs are not of the best quality but there might be some persistent swelling in the tip.  Usually this will subside with time.  Judicious use of steroids in the occasional patient might be tried.

Spongy Nose Eight Months After Rhinoplasty?

+1

I owner if you only had hump removal? No tip work and no fractures in ward??? Best to obtain operative report and seek in person second opinions.