Fat Grafting For Breasts a Better Option For My Tuberous Breasts With Minor Ptosis?

I have tuberous breasts w/ minor Ptosis. I've read that they way they fix it is to reconstruct the breast and place an implant inside. I would love this problem to go away but I want REAL breasts, which led me to research more and discovered fat grafting. So i guess my question is, is strictly basing just my condition is fat grafting a better way to go for a fix. Why or why not? If so is going back a few times to graft again till i got close to my desired cup size?

I have been quite happy with fat transfer to the breast - but it does have limitations

+1

Almost all tuberous breasts require some sort of reshaping of the breast and areola and this is done with a breast lift.  The details of the lift are dependent on the patient's anatomy. 

Most tuberous breasts also benefit from some volume enhancement.  If the patient wants just a small enhancement, say one cup size, fat transfer may be very successful.  If she wants a larger enhancement, she may need several sessions of fat transfer or just opt for breast implants. 

Fat transfer is more time consuming and less predictable that implants but I have found that in the right patient, it is the right procedure. 

Fat grafting the breasts

+1

I am not a fan of injecting fat in the breasts. The results I have seen are no so great.  The difficulty is getting the fat graft to take and be permanent, but it usually get resorbed, so you end up having to have it repeated.  Some surgeons do a great sell job on the fat injection.  My opinion?  A loser of a procedure.  Use an implant instead!

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Tuberous breast

+1

If you truly have a significant tuberous deformity it means a narrow base, dilated wide areolae and a droopy breast shape. The best rsults require lifting and resizing the areolae and expanding the breast base while increasing breast volume. That is way more complex than just fat grafting. It may be your breast shape is not truly tuberous in which case other options exist. It is not possible to give you a specific answer without good quality photos or an examination. You will be able to get all your questions answered appropriately when you get a consultation with a surgeon familiar with this problem.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

BREAST AUGMENTATION WITH FAT

+1

Without photos or measurements or examination it is difficult to provide specific recommendations. I would seek out a surgeon who performs many breast augmentations using this approach.  Make sure he or she can provide photos with results treating breasts similar to yours.

Todd B. Koch, MD
Buffalo Plastic Surgeon

+1

Let us better say that it is an option. 

Fat has advantages and disadvantages when compared with implants. In terms of your desire for "real breasts" fat is advantageous. But the take of the grafted fat varies, and additional stages of fat injection are sometimes needed. 

Also you need to have enough fat to harvest.

It is not possible to assess your needs without some photos, and measurements. You need about 200 cc of "taken" fat grafts for each cup size increase, and therefore about 250-300 cc fat injected to approach that goal 

Often the use of the Brava system is helpful in increasing graft take, but the device is quite cumbersome, and must be worn for weeks. 

Best bet is to consult with a plastic surgeon. When you are ready for an in person consultation, RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S. Thank you for your question, best wishes.

Fat grafting and tuberous breasts

+1

Fat grafting it one option that is often combined with the BRAVA system to expand the breast to allow it to "take" more fat.  At this point in time I prefer implants.  It is a long conversation best discussed in consultation. Good luck.