Post Surgical BR Leaves Hard Breasts?

I have 2nd breast reduction 6 months ago. Both breasts have scar tissue, however, right breast tissue consists of one large abnormal shaped hard lump. PS says it's basically scar tissue and fat that doesn't have good blood supply. She has prescribed ongoing visits to PT for therapeutic ultrasound. Co-pays for 2-3 visits per week add up fast and umemployment is issue. Is it possible for me to purchase a portable home ultrasound unit and do this at home?. Bellasma

Fat Necrosis after Breast Reduction Surgery?

+1

It sounds like you are experiencing fat necrosis after breast reduction surgery. Yes, there are portable ultrasound machines that may be helpful. Of course, it is debatable whether the ultrasound therapy will make a significant difference or not.  In some cases, the patients best friend is time;  our bodies have a way of gradually dealing with under  perfused or unhealthy tissue.  Discuss your concerns about the financial aspects of the ultrasound therapy with your plastic surgeon and determine the pros/cons of proceeding.

Best wishes; hopefully you will be pleased with the long-term outcome of the procedure performed.