Lift necessary? (photo)

I scar pretty bad- my csection scar is thick and red and hypertrophic. I'm 29, 5'6" and 135. I've breastfed 4 kids and lost all volume! Just wondering what to budget for. I'll gamble with the scars if I need to because it would still be worth it. Any input is great- I'm looking for surgeons in the salt lake area.

Promoted Local Answer Promoted local answers are based on Featured Doctor activity within your current location.

Breast augmentation

+1
Dear Spacecase,
    Thanks for submitting your picture. Adding a side view would have helped to better assess your levele of ptosis (droopiness ) . Being as it may, my impresion is the your nipples are at the level of the submammary crease or slightly above. That means that you can have breasts augmentation alone and by lowering the submammary crease you will get the illusion of higher and perkier nipples. Based on your history of hyper trophic scars, I would strongly recommend a sub areola incision which is more scar friendly than the submammary incision. Injection of small amount of steroids should be considered and discussed with you for better scarring. Always, consult with experienced board certified plastic surgeons and check their before and after pictures to make sure that you like the results.
                                     Dr Widder

Web reference: http://widderplasticsurgery.com

Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Lifts

+1
Breast lifts are recommended when the nipple is below the crease where the breast meets the chest wall.  An easy well to tell is to put a pencil underneath your breast if it stays there you probably need a lift.  Augmenting a breast that needs a lift usually results in a breast with a very low nipple
Spokane Plastic Surgeon

Breast Enhancement

+1
I definitely think you will benefit from a lift, the implant alone will make your breasts larger but look the same as they do now which is saggy and I dont think that will make you happy

Lift necessary?

+1
The implants alone will not give the lift.

For the lift, I typically start with the smallest incision and custom tailor each breast lift to the shortest scar possible.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of breast augmentations and breast lifts each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/breast-augmentation-and-lift-photo-galleries.php

Breast Lift Needed? 4 Children Breast Fed, 29, 5'6", 135 lbs. Lost Volume

+1
This patient would benefit from addition of volume and correction of the excess skin. She has many alternatives for implants. The kind of mastopexy she would need would have to be determined by an in-person consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon. The picture seems to indicate that she has mostly glandular ptosis and that the position of the nipple/areola in relation to the inframammary fold is pretty good, not exceedingly low. Depending on the size of the implant and her own goals, either a vertical, circumvertical, or inverted T might be appropriate, although if she were found to have nipple position at the fold, and didn't require the optimal in perkiness, a good-sized implant might suffice.

Web reference: http://www.enhanced-you.com/before-after-galleries/mastopexy-patient-5/

Mountain View Plastic Surgeon

Exam in addition to your expectations

+1
will determine whether a lift is needed.  Invest in consultation and find out your options.  If your surgeon can only do one type of lift, best to find another surgeon that has more tools in the bag.  One surgery surgeons are not in your best interest.

Breast lift

+1
Thank you for the picture.

In my opinion, I do suggest  a breast lift. An anchor incision breast lift and implant placement of 350-375 cc in a high round profile would give you the best result.  Always consult a certified plastic surgeon.

Good luck,
Dr. Campos
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Is a lift necessary?

+1
It is difficult to tell with only one view of your breasts but it does appear you will need a lift but if your nipple is at or above the fold you might be able to have an implant.  This may require a larger implant than you want or need. Scars are a risk with this surgery but if the look and size are more important than the scars this maybe a good surgery for you.  Talk to your PS who can give you more advise on what is best for you.
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

+1
Your breasts are in a somewhat “borderline” position when it comes to the necessity for breast lifting. In other words, it is possible that you will get away without a breast lift, depending on your goals. It would be in your best interests to achieve a long-term stable weight (if not there already) prior to undergoing the breast procedure.
I would suggest in person consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons for more precise advice.

Web reference: http://dccosmetics.com/procedures/breast/breast-augmentation-dc/

Chevy Chase Plastic Surgeon

BBA

+1
You would benefit from a lift to improve the shape of your breasts BUT you are at risk of poor scarring.  See a BC PS in your area to discuss your options and review the risks.

Web reference: http://www.drpirani.com/breast-enhancement-toronto/breast-augmentation/