How do you determine implant size in tall women with broad shoulders? (Photo)

Hello. I am 34 years old mother of two seeking an augmentation. I am 5' 11" and 145 pounds and have received various recommendations for implant size (350 to 500 cc). I'm currently a large A to small B cup size and am 31 1/2 inches around at the rib cage. (I wear a 34 B because my breasts are widely spaced.) I hope to achieve a larger and more full breast without appearing overly fake but fear too small of an implant because of my broad shoulders and tall height. My goal is a small D cup.

How do you determine implant size in tall women with broad shoulders?

+1
  I think sizing in the office is the first step.  Then realistic volumes can be discussed as well as the profile to be used.

Breast Augmentation

+1
The choice of the breast implant size is dependent on the actual measurements of the breast, and how natural or fake you want to look. With the appropriate measurements can give you a range of implant sizes that fit your breast and body type

Samir Shureih MD.FACS
sshureih@msn.com

Breast implant sizing

+1

Although there are general recommendations on matching a patient's anatomic breast dimensions with the "appropriate" breast implant size, I find it most suiting to have the patient try on actual implants in my office in front of myself and a mirror.  This way the patient can see what the various sizes look like on and thus essentially choose the size they like best, regardless of "cup size".  In the case where the patient selects a size unreasonably too small or large I will then advise them accordingly.  Glad to help.   

Ryan Stanton, MD