Split Suture Line 2 Days After Fourchette Surgery, Wound Not Healing Well. What Can I Do??

I had a labiaplasty and fourchette surgery 11 days ago. everything went well but 2 days post op the fourchette suture line opened up. It does not appear to be closing up - what sould I do? will it heal and if so, is the scar likely to be keloid??

Labiaplasty incision line

+1

Your surgeon may want to wait or to reinforce the suture line to prevent further splitting of the sutures.  Above all, return to your surgeon and do not manipulate the edges to examine it further.

+1

The first thing to do is return to your surgeon, be examined, and adhere to the doctor's recommendations for management of this wound separation.  In general, these wounds do heal well if kept clean and moist, and if protected from trauma.  Although keloid is unusual, sometimes, a contracture forms across the posterior labial commissure (fourchette).

Steve Laverson, MD