Could I Be Splitting a Stitch? (photo)

I am 3 weeks and 3 days post op. this morning I noticed a raised white bump on my incision. When I touch it I can feel something like a fishing line just under the skin. Could this be a spitting stitch? What can I do about it?

3 weeks post op and feeling a suture

+1

You should talk to your surgeon who can easily take care of this for you.  Any issues in the acute post-op period should be brought to your surgeon's attention rather than posting for opinions from the bleachers.

Spitting a stitch

+1

Yes, probably just a stitch. Not much to do but call your surgeon. The stitch can easily be removed in the office.

Spitting Suture

+1

From your description and the photographs you likely have a suture abscess or a "spitting" suture. The body is treating the suture like a splinter an attempting to extrude it. Have your operating surgeon remove the suture. The area should heal after the suture is removed.